Policy, the NHS and IT
Policy, the NHS and IT
NHS Digital is involved with the development of NHS IT within the community pharmacy sector.
Read more about NHS pharmacy IT arrangements at: NHS and IT.
- Code4Health pharmacy sub-group: volunteer group of contractors and others which learn about and explore new open source digital solutions.
- Community Pharmacy IT Group (CPITG) – maintains a work programme in relation to English community pharmacy IT. Participating organisations include various pharmacy bodies PSNC, AIMp, CCA, NPA, and RPS, as well NHS Digital and pharmacy system suppliers. If you would like to feed into discussions contact PSNC’s IT team.
- Data Coordination Board (DCB) sub-group of the Digital Delivery Board (DDB) [took over responsibilities of Standardisation Committee for Care Information (SCCI)] oversees the development, and approval of information standards, data collections and data extractions.
- National Information Board (NIB) sets digital priorities in health and care.
- NHS Digital (formerly HSCIC)
- NHS Digital central Smartcard team sets Smartcard and access control policy for use by local Smartcard Registration Authorities.
- NHS Digital HSCN team is overseeing the transition and then maintenance of the HSCN network (N3 replacement).
- NHS Digital National Service Desk (NSD). System suppliers may escalate EPS issues to the NSD on behalf of contractors where needed.
- NHS Digital programme team: Digitising Community Pharmacy (incl EPS): manage aspects of EPS, whilst also exploring development of EPS enhancements, real time exemption, promoting digital literacy and more.
- NHS Digital programme team: Integrating Pharmacy Across Care Setting: projects include SCR, electronic health records and transfer of care.
- NHS Digital programme team: Pharmacy Supply Chain and Secondary Uses: projects include NHS Digital FMD work, and implementation of a single identifier for prescribers working within the NHS.
- Professional Record Standards Body (PRSB) works with the public and healthcare professionals to define the standards needed for good care records.
- Smartcard Registration Authorities (local) oversees local Smartcard issues.
- System suppliers (PMR)
- Caldicott2 Information Governance Review (National Data Guardian 2013)
- Caldicott3: Review of data security, consent and opt-outs (National Data Guardian 2016)
- A Digital NHS? (Kings Fund 2016)
- Five-Year Forward View (5YFV) (NHS England 2014)
- NIB reports
- Personalised health and care 2020 (DH and NIB 2014)
- Power of information (DH 2012)
- Wachter review (DH 2016)