Healthy Living Pharmacy Training and Resources
What is a Healthy Living Pharmacy?
A nationally recognised concept enabling pharmacies to help reduce health inequalities within the local community, by delivering high quality health and well-being services, promoting health and providing proactive health advice.
Key elements of the HLP service include:
- Tailoring HLP services to your local community
- A team that proactively promote health and wellbeing and offer advice on a range of health issues
- Has a Healthy Living Champion
Dudley LPC has invested in an on-line training solution for all pharmacies. The courses are designed to support the NHS Public Health Campaigns and HLP Champions and team to ensure the best outcomes for patients. The training is provided by VirtualOutcomes and is a monthly on-line training course that can be accessed at any time. The courses are free to all contractors and their teams. On the 1st of each month a new course will become available and can be accessed at work or at home via a PC, tablet or mobile device. All your team needs to access the training is your pharmacy F Code and they will be able to see the courses available.
Features & Benefits of the Online Training:
- Access is FREE to all contractors
- Each course takes 15-25 minutes to complete
- Certificate of completion – to go in Healthy Living Pharmacy and/or GPhC file as evidence of continued staff training
- Links to websites for resources to support the campaigns are on website and easy to access
- Hints and Tips on how to set up HLP Health Zones
- New staff will be able to access ALL the courses available since January 2018