Stay Well This Winter
Winter can be seriously bad for our health and a challenging time for the NHS, particularly urgent and emergency care services. Stay Well This Winter is a campaign to help people aged 65 or over, those with long-term health conditions, pregnant women and parents of children aged two, three and four and in school years 1 and 2, stay well this winter.
The aim is to help those that are most vulnerable to falling seriously ill with winter ailments avoid needing hospital treatment by providing simple advice to protect them. Advice includes:
- Getting a ‘flu vaccination- see the film here
- Heat your home to at least 18° C (65°F), if you can
- Seeking immediate advice and help from a pharmacist as soon as they feel unwell, before it gets too serious
- Keeping an eye on elderly or frail friends, neighbours and relatives
- Getting prescriptions before Christmas Eve
- Take your prescribed medicines as directed
Here are links to current lists of pharmacies in the Dudley area who supply the NHS Pharmacy First minor ailments scheme, and the link to pharmacies currently offering both private and free NHS Flu Vaccination Service is here. Please check with the pharmacy before visiting.
Pharmacy addresses are links to NHS Choices webpages for pharmacy location, with pharmacy opening times located on the Overview tab on the website