SCR Online Access link
Contact Details for the Smartcard Office
Smartcard Office: Priory Rd Surgery, Priory Rd, Swindon, SN3 2EZ
Tel: Barbara Stratton 01793 864843
If you are told to make contact with your “local Registration Authority” this is a good place to start! However, note that sometimes your “local Registration Authority” is someone or a department within your pharmacy group who has responsibility for Smartcards.
Different roles that pharmacy staff may have on their card
An individual may have more than one role on a card.
- Pharmacy role (eg pharmacist, dispenser, MCA) specific to a pharmacy
- SCR (available only to pharmacists and registered technicians) specific to a pharmacy
- SCR Governance Person (aka SGP or Privacy Officer) – specific to a single or list of pharmacies
- Sponsor – specific to a single or list of pharmacies
- Identity Checker – NOT pharmacy specific
- Card Unlocker – NOT pharmacy specific
- FFFF code – for pharmacists who work in numerous pharmacies at short notice
Useful guides – how to use the Care Identity Service on the Spine portal
- Identity checks 22 July 2015
- RA CIS GUIDE – Viewing Position Access Codes
- RA CIS GUIDE – Assigning Access to a User
- RA CIS GUIDE – Creating a New User
- RA CIS GUIDE – Removing Access from a User
- RA CIS GUIDE – Renewing and Repairing Certificates on a Smartcard
- RA CIS GUIDE – Unlocking a Smartcard
|RA01A Registering for a smartcard||RA02 re Registration agent ID checker|
|RA01B applying for your first smartcard – form||RA02 re RA Sponsor|
|RA02 re EPS Enabled Pharmacist||Smartcard RA Agent Agreement|
|RA02 re EPS Enabled Medicine Counter Assistant||Smartcard Sponsor Agreement|
|RA02 – EPS Enabled Locum Pharmacist||RA03 Request to cancel or reissue smartcard|
|RA02 re EPS Enabled Dispensing Technician||RA05 – Change of details|
|RA02-Pre Registration Pharmacist||Verification of identity checks|
|RA02 – Leaver|
What do I do with the Smartcard when a member of staff leaves the team?
- Complete an RA02 form as if they were a NEW member of staff, but instead of stating “ADD” change this to “DELETE”
- Send form to Smartcard Office
- The member of staff keeps the smartcard – their new employer will then complete the relevant RA02 to activate it.
- ONLY if the member of staff is retiring completely and will NEVER work in the NHS/Community Pharmacy again
- Complete form RA03 and send to smartcard office.