Greater Manchester Minor Ailments Scheme
Greater Manchester Minor Ailments Scheme – Resources
Please note that service support is currently being updated by NHSE and will be uploaded to this page once available.
The Greater Manchester Minor Ailment Service was launched on 01/11/2020 in the following areas, please click on the relevant locality for further information:
The below locations are also live with Minor Ailments Service but are yet to move onto the Greater Manchester specification.
The following location is not currently live with Minor Ailment Service.
If you wish to deliver or commission this service, please email your request to:
Minor Ailments Scheme briefing and key documents:
- Service Summary
- Service Specification 240718
- Formulary Generic – Brand updated
- Minor-Ailments-consultation-form-including-patient-experience (2)
- Minor-Ailments-consultation-form-including-patient-experience – pdf version
- Top tips for delivering a successful MAS service
Pharmacies and GP practices involved in the scheme to date:
Resources to assist delivery of this service:
- A5 Think leaflet front
- A5 Think leaflet back
- Think Poster New
- Treat Yourself Better Campaign
- Choose Well Campaign
- GP Referral Letter Though we encourage all pharmacies to use the template letter, its use is optional and pharmacies should discuss with their local practices how best they would like patients referred to them.
There are also a number of Care Fact Sheets that pharmacists can download and print for patients. Please see below:
- Back Pain
- Heartburn and indigestion
- Fever in Children
- Sprains and strains
- Sore Throat
- Otitis Media (Middle ear infection)
- Common Cold
- Chicken Pox
Please visit the following external links for further information:
Cost Benefit Analysis