Training and Events
General training opportunities in Greater Manchester in 2017:
- Mary Seacole Programme – NHS leadership for Community Pharmacy
- CPPE training from September 2017 to March 2018
- GM Training schedule 2017-18
Mary Seacole Programme for Community Pharmacy 2017/18
The Mary Seacole Programme is a six-month national NHS leadership programme for first-time leaders and those aspiring to become leaders, which receives excellent feedback and is seen as a real stepping stone in a career. There is now a programme specially designed for community pharmacy, delivered by CPPE with the NHS Leadership Academy. Participants complete most of the training online, supported by three face-to-face workshops over the six months. Find out more and apply.
Greater Manchester Community Pharmacy Conference & GMLPC AGM
The main slide pack includes presentations on:
- Greater Manchester LPC AGM – Aneet Kapoor, Chair, GMLPC, and Adam Irvine, Chief Executive, GMLPC
- Pharmacy’s Contribution to Greater Manchester – Jane Brown, Chair, Greater Manchester Pharmacy Local Professional Network
- Mary Seacole Programme for Community Pharmacy (and how to apply) – Samantha White, CPPE
- Greater Manchester Vision for Community Pharmacy – Adam Irvine, Chief Executive, GMLPC
- Pharmacy Funding & Quality Payments: What’s Next? – Fin Mc Caul, North West Regional Representative, PSNC (Includes guidance on current supply issues and guidance on November’s Quality Payments)
- There is a separate slide deck on Inhaler Technique Checks – Peter Marks and Dipesh Raghwani, GMLPC
Greater Manchester LPC webinars:
Our webinars are open to all unless otherwise specified. If you miss one, then you can listen to a recording afterwards – just click the relevant link, register your details and you’ll be able to access them. If you have questions about a previous webinar, email them to email@example.com.
- All you need to know about NUMSAS (recorded 12th December 2017). This webinar explains how to register for, provide and claim payment for the NHS Urgent Medicine Supply Advanced Service pilot, which has now been extended to the end of September 2018. Download the slide pack and top tips.
- Achieving & Succeeding at HLP Level 1 (recorded 26th September 2017). This webinar guides you through the process of achieving HLP Level 1 and registering for the associated Quality Payments. It also sets out how to deliver HLP successfully in your pharmacy to benefit patients, customers and local communities. The presenters are Fin Mc Caul (GMLPC and PSNC), Louise Gatley (Bolton LPC) and Dipesh Raghwani (GMLPC). (As well as watching the webinar via the link above, you can also download the slide pack here.)
- Safer, Smarter Community Pharmacy (recorded 15th May 2017). Fantastic advice, case studies and tips on creating a strong patient safety culture, sharing and learning from incidents, preventing errors and preparing annual patient safety reports from Quality Payments from presenters Janice Perkins (Well and PSNC), Dr Penny Lewis and Dr Denham Phipps (University of Manchester and Greater Manchester Community Pharmacy Patient Safety Collaborative), and GMLPC’s Fin Mc Caul and Sarah Wood.
- The Ultimate Guide to Quality Payments (recorded 27th Mar 2017). GMLPC’s Fin Mc Caul (Contractor Engagement Lead) and Sarah Wood (Quality Support Lead) take you through the process with top tips on practical ways of making Quality Payments part of everyday life in the pharmacy.