NHS directory of services
To support you to achieve the quality criteria;
A summary of the updated February 2017 suggested plan with links to the PSNC resources and guidance is below and attached for your reference. (press ctrl and click on the links below to access further information, guidance and resources.
Directory of Services Update
NHS 111 Directory of Services
On the day of the review, the pharmacy’s NHS 111 Directory of Services entry is up to date.
28th April 2017
24th November 2017
Please note the process to follow to update your DoS profile, is different to that stated in the NHS England guidance. Contractors should follow the process on the NHS England website; the process is also listed below:
How to achieve this quality criterion -First review point (28th April 2017) to achieve the quality payment
1.Visit the DoS checker website.
link to PSNC microsite for further information : http://psnc.org.uk/services-commissioning/essential-services/quality-payments-nhs-111-directory-of-services/
1.Enter either your ODS code (F code), postcode or pharmacy name to search for your pharmacy.
Please note : Please search the DOS by i) entering the ODS code ii) entering the postcode iii) entering the pharmacy name to ensure you pick up all the DOS entries and make a note of all the inaccuracies before completing the form ( there may be multiple entries that may not be picked up otherwise)
Even if you have multiple entries you will only need to complete one form at this stage and if any of data on any profile are incorrect you can state this in the form. The national team are still clarifying next steps with the local DOS teams so this is all you need to do at this stage.
The DOS entry may be made of more than one profile ( ie you may offer a MAS or emergency repeat medicines service) and hence there may also be multiple entries as a result.
- If you cannot find your pharmacy after searching using all three fields, please email email@example.com with ‘DoS’ in the title, for further assistance.
- Click on the profile for your pharmacy or one of the profiles if more than one is listed for your pharmacy.
- Check that the information displayed for your pharmacy is accurate.
- Make a note of any inaccuracies and keep this information. Your local NHS 111 DoS Lead will be in contact for this information at a later date.
- If there is more than one profile listed for your pharmacy you should repeat steps 4-6 for each profile listed.
- The survey form must then be completed. Please note, even if your DoS entry is up to date, you will still need to complete the survey form to confirm you have reviewed your DoS entry. The results of the survey will inform your local NHS 111 DoS Lead that you have checked your DoS entry and will let them know where changes need to be made.
- Once the survey form has been completed, you will receive a confirmation email which should be retained as evidence that this quality criterion has been met.
- Although the quality criterion states ‘On the day of the review, the pharmacy’s NHS 111 Directory of Services entry is up to date’ NHS England has confirmed that as long as the above process is followed, contractors will meet the quality criterion for the April review point even if changes are not made to a pharmacy’s DoS entry by the local NHS 111 DoS Lead by the April review point.
- .Local NHS 111 DoS Leads are developing systems locally to improve how updates to the DoS are made. Local DoS leads will communicate with contractors separately about this after the declaration period for the April review point closes.
Second review point (24th November 2017)
The process for reviewing the DoS entry for the November review point is subject to change and further guidance will be issued when this process is finalised on the NHS England website.
Further information will be published as soon as it become available.
FAQ document published on 3.4.2017 can be found here