LPC Support Seminar- Chairing and Meeting Skills
Friday, 11 July, 2014 10am to 4pm
Other dates available - see below
A training day for new LPC Chairs, Vice Chairs, LPC subgroup chairs and other LPC members who would benefit from chairing and meeting skills. The day is also for longer standing LPC Chairs and Vice Chairs who have not received chairing and meeting skills training. LPC chairs often have a dual role: chairing LPC meetings and the line management of LPC Secretaries/Chief Officers. In this seminar we also include the management role of LPC chairs.
The day will cover:
- Planning agendas
- Energising meetings and encouraging discussion
- Gaining and maintaining co-operation throughout the meeting
- Handling disruption and confrontation
- Dealing with difficult people
- Adapting your approaches and behaviour to suit different types of meetings
- Being assertive – and getting the first few minutes of the meeting right
- Getting through the agenda and ending on time
- Concluding on the right note
- Minutes- styles and what to record
- The LPC Chairs role in managing performance
The day is also a good opportunity for LPC chairs to network and share experiences.
The seminar is led by Phil Parry from Phil Parry Associates. Phil designs and delivers training for a broad range of clients and regularly works with senior and top level management in a wide range of national and international companies. Phillip has run several PSNC seminars for LPCs specialising in interpersonal skills including handling meetings and managing people and always receives outstanding feedback from LPC delegates.
Where and When
Wednesday 2nd July in Leeds at Holiday Inn Leeds/Brighouse
Friday 11th July in London at Ambassadors Bloomsbury
How to register
The delegate fee is £145 Please use the following link to book your place: Chairing and Meeting Skills Booking