LPC Support Seminar – Changes to control of entry regulations
Thursday, 30 August, 2012 10am to 4pm
Also running on 4th September 2012, 17th September 2012, 20th September 2012, 2nd October 2012 and 18th October 2012
The regulations that make major changes to the control of entry arrangements or market entry as it is now called have now been laid in Parliament and come into force on 1st September 2012.
The new regulations:
• Base market entry on the Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA)
• Replace the existing necessary or expedient test
• Remove all but one of the existing exemptions including the 100hr exemption
• Remove preliminary consent (but provide a ‘best estimate’ provision)
• Remove neighbourhoods as a consideration in relocations
• Give more powers to apply sanctions on contractors including removal from the pharmaceutical list for poor quality
LPCs will continue to be consulted by PCTs on applications and will need a thorough understanding of the new arrangements to respond to consultations and to provide guidance locally to their contractors.
To support LPCs PSNC is running training seminars led by PSNC’s Head of Regulation Steve Lutener to take LPCs through the new regulations and how to apply them using case studies