LPC Support Seminar- Finance for Treasurers 2013
Friday, 29 November, 2013 10am to 4pm
Other dates available - see below
This event will be running on Wednesday 20th November in London and Friday 29th November in Leeds.
Following several requests from LPCs we are repeating our Finance Seminar for LPC Treasurers.
Overall responsibility and accountability to contractors for the management of LPC finances rests with the LPC collectively, with the treasurer dealing with financial matters on a day to day basis. Although these seminars are aimed at LPC treasurers, other LPC members and officers needing an understanding of LPC finance are welcome to attend.
The day includes budget setting as NHS England Area Teams are expected to ask LPCs for budgets in addition to annual accounts. The seminar is led by PSNC’s Head of Finance Mike Dent.
What will be covered?
- Role of the LPC treasurer
- Financial governance
- The accountability of the LPC member in understanding and managing LPC finance
- How to set a budget for the LPC and link with a business plan
- Financial management including management accounts
- Setting levies
- What the levy can and cannot be spent on
- Annual accounts
- Reserves and contingency funds
- LPC banking
- Financial implications of restructuring
- Paying wages and fees
- Workplace pensions
- Liability for tax
- Financial risk assessment
- Financial management of Secretaries working for more than one LPC
- Expenses policies and expenses management
- Third party fees and allowances paid to employees and self employed on LPC business
For information on event registration and to book your place on this event, please visit the following page: www.psnc.org.uk/lpcs/lpc-members-area/lpc-events/