LPC Support Seminar- Procuring and Commissioning NHS Services
Thursday, 16 May, 2013 10am to 4pm
London- Holiday Inn Bloomsbury
Also running 22nd May in Leeds at The Marriot and 5th June in Leeds at The Hilton City Leeds.
From 1st April there will be a radical change in the way local pharmacy services are commissioned. It will be a completely different way of working. Although LPCs will not be providers they will need a good understanding of the process to be able to advise contractors or possibly set up contracts on their behalf.
To support LPCs in this work PSNC has teamed up with Primary Care Commissioning (PCC) for a special training day:Procuring and Commissioning NHS services.
Led by PCC experts on commissioning and procurement the day, with a mix of presentations, interactive sessions and scenario work, will include:
- How CCGs and Local Authorities commission
- Commissioning v contracting
- The procurement process: Memorandum of Information, Invitation To Tender, tenders, preparing bids and evaluation
- The commissioning process for pharmacy services
- AQP- what it is and how it works- a threat or opportunity for pharmacy?
- Where to find NHS services tenders
- When to bid and when not to: analysis of cost and benefit
- Business viability and continuity of service
- Penalties and sanctions if contractors fail to deliver
- Performance management
- The new public health and NHS standard contracts- an overview