Preparing Bids and Business Cases
Tuesday, 20 October, 2015
How to prepare bids and business cases
As LPCs continue to adapt to the changing commissioning environment being able to research and identify service needs, build and cost a business case and sell-in the business case to commissioners is essential.
In the recent LPC training needs survey the top requests from LPCs included:
- ‘Data mining – how to analyse, summarise and target data to support service development’
- How to prepare bids and business cases
This PSNC seminar ticks all those boxes!
As demand continues we are re-running this popular course updating the content to include:
- Working with 3rd parties such as Community Trusts and large management companies as part of a larger contract – what to watch out for in subcontracts
- Community pharmacy provider companies
The day also includes a detailed and practical session on how to cost a service
The workshop takes delegates on a journey to understand how to prepare, substantiate and articulate a business case for submission to a commissioner and how to present it to an audience who may not understand or fully appreciate the benefits community pharmacy can deliver.
Delegates are encouraged to come with an idea in mind to start investigating, which will make ‘data mining ‘more relevant on the day and the opportunity to prepare their business case with expert tuition.
The day will include:
- Defining the need for the service
- Identifying the case for the service
- Building the business case
- How to cost a service
- What information should be in a business case and how to present it clearly and concisely
- What are the key messages that will ‘hit the spot’ for commissioners
LPC delegates will leave with a business case they have prepared themselves and the expertise to develop others.
This event is led by BRR consulting’s Dr Richard Brown and Amanda Moores. BRR has worked extensively in community pharmacy in particular the preparation of successful bids and business cases and have an excellent understanding of the needs of LPCs and contractors. Richard and Amanda have a huge amount of expertise in writing tenders with many years of experience writing for a large multiple. Between them they have won contracts for prison, community hospitals, out of hours and outpatient dispensing pharmacy services.
Where and When:
London – 7th October 2015 – Imperial Hotel
Leeds – 20th October 2015 – Holiday Inn Brighouse
Registration is from 9.30am for a 10am start, closing at 4pm.
Cost is £175. Click here to register. Please click on the event title to register