Pharmacist MUR accreditation

Pharmacist MUR accreditation

Any Higher Education Institution (HEI) can provide training and competency assessments for the Medicines Use Review (MUR) service. A national competency framework is used as the basis for these assessments.

There are a number of providers who run courses and/or competency assessments. Additionally some academic institutions that provide postgraduate clinical programmes, such as diplomas, have ensured their courses develop and test the skills of students in order to meet the requirements of the MUR competencies.

For those who have existing skills in this area of practice, the completion of any course prior to undertaking a competency assessment is not obligatory, i.e. pharmacists may put themselves through a competency assessment whenever they feel fit to do so. Once the course is completed, the pharmacist must send a copy of their certificate to the regional NHS England and NHS Improvement (NHSE&I) team before they can begin providing the MUR service.

NHSE&I regional team email addresses for community pharmacy matters

Click on the links below for information on available courses and institutions providing competency assessments.

MUR course with assessment

Postgraduate courses which include MUR assessment

Assessments only

Latest Services and Commissioning news

View more Services and Commissioning news >