PharmOutcomes is a web-based system which helps community pharmacies provide services more effectively and makes it easier for commissioners to audit and manage these services. By collating information on pharmacy services it allows local and national level analysis and reporting on the effectiveness of commissioned services, helping to improve the evidence base for community pharmacy services.
The system is highly flexible, in that it allows the ‘commissioner’ to design services within PharmOutcomes which can then be made accessible to community pharmacies commissioned to provide that service.
The system provides a whole system for provision, invoicing and management of any locally commissioned services. Services can be designed from scratch, or can be based on a suite of national templates or local templates which other commissioners have designed and have made available for use on the system.
Currently the system provides templates for a range of services, which are listed below, but its innate flexibility allows other services to be easily designed within the system. All of these services can be edited after importing to meet specific local needs or they will simply work “out of the box” as they are.
PharmOutcomes is provided by Pinnacle Health LLP in partnership with PSNC.
- NHS Health Check updated – QRISK2-based assessment of ten year risk of CVD meeting the national specification
- Minor Ailments Service – Stage 1 – Registration
- Minor Ailments Service – Stage 2 – Consultation
Minor Ailments PGDs
- Chloramphenicol 0.5% eye drops to treat bacterial conjuctivitis
- Fusidic Acid 1% eye drops to treat bacterial conjuctivitis
- Fusidic Acid 2% cream to treat minor impetigo
- Nystan Oral Suspension PGD to treat oral candidiasis
- Timodine cream PGD – PGD-based service to treat nappy rash
- Trimethoprim PGD to treat uncomplicated UTI
- Chlamydia Scratchcard – for public health services that utilise the NPA scratchcards. More information from the NPA website
- Lets Get Moving Scratchcard – for public health services that utilise the NPA scratchcards. More information from the NPA website
- Rethink Drink Scratchcard – for public health services that utilise the NPA scratchcards. More information from the NPA website
- Smoking Scratchcard – for public health services that utilise the NPA scratchcards. More information from the NPA website
- PNA Questionnaire
- Alcohol IBA – Stage 1
- Alcohol IBA – Stage 2
- Alcohol IBA – Stage 3 (4 week follow up)
- Alcohol Use Identification and Advice
- Chlamydia Treatment – Stage 1 Treatment
- Chlamydia Treatment – Stage 2 Contact Tracing
- Emergency Hormonal Contraception
- NRT Voucher – Recruit Client
- NRT Voucher – Transaction – Process Client
- Smoking Cessation Stage 1 – Recruitment
- Smoking Cessation Stage 2 – Pre-Quit Assessment
- Smoking Cessation Stage 3 – NRT supply
- Smoking Cessation Stage 4 – 4 Week Evaluation
- Smoking Cessation Stage 5 – Lost to Service
- Needle Syringe Programme (Menu Style)
- Supervised Consumption – Registration
- Supervised Consumption – Supervision
Targeted MURs – Both Stages Required
- Respiratory Targeted MUR – First intervention
- Respiratory Targeted MUR – Follow up Urge
Urgent Medicines Supply
- Urgent Repeat Medicines – Part 1 Registration
- Urgent Repeat Medicines – Part 2 Medicine supply
- Intranasal Flu Vaccination
- Intranasal Flu Vaccination – Second Appointment
- Seasonal Influenza Vaccination 2014
A number of other services created by local commissioners can be copied between commissioners on request.
The system allows pharmacy teams to make records of their locally commissioned services and payment claims are automatically created on a monthly basis. The commissioner can view live data on the services at any time, consequently assisting with service management.
The system is also available as Outcomes4Health, which provides access to an interface which is non-partisan and removes references to pharmacy but connects to the same database. This allows the use of the system by other healthcare professionals and third parties, with interest having been received from optometrists, commissioners of Health Check services and Third Sector providers.
Request a logon to PharmOutcomes for your pharmacy (logons from the original PharmOutcomes platform should work on the new system)