The website for Somerset Pharmacy Contractors
Welcome to the Website of Somerset LPC, representing Community Pharmacy Contractors in Somerset. Here you can access useful resources, newsletters, contact details and more.
Medicine Shortages: A Briefing for CCGs, GPs and other NHS prescribers
Primary Care Networks (PCNs) are a key part of the NHS Long Term Plan, with all general practices being required to be in a network by June 2019, and Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) being required to commit recurrent funding to develop and maintain them.
The networks will have expanded neighbourhood teams which will comprise a range of staff such as GPs, pharmacists, district nurses, community geriatricians, dementia workers and Allied Health Professionals such as physiotherapists and podiatrists/chiropodists, joined by social care and the voluntary sector’.
Under the plans, all general practices will be aligned to a PCN, covering 30,000-50,000 patients, with local Enhanced services funded by CCGs and provided through the new network contracts (see below). The networks will provide the structure and funding for services to be developed locally, in response to the needs of the patients they serve. It is important that community pharmacy teams are fully involved in the work of their PCN.
Click on a heading below for more information.
What are Primary Care Networks?
How are PCNs being formed?
Support for PCNs
The Primary Care Home model and the development of PCNs
Guidance and resources to help community pharmacy get involved in PCNs
You can keep up to date by liking Somerset LPC on facebook or following us on twitter.
Latest PSNC News
Shortage Notice: Provera (medroxyprogesterone acetate) 100mg & 200mg tablets Updated 15th November 2019November 15, 2019
Monday, 18 November, 2019, 9.30am - 4.30pm
Exeter Court Hotel, Kennford, Exeter. EX6 7UX
CPPE www.cppe.ac.uk/programmes/l/cpcs-w-01 This event is full
Tuesday, 7 January, 2020, 19:30-21:30
Abbey Manor Business Centre, The Abbey, Preston Rd, Yeovil, BA20 2EN
Available for booking via CPPE website from mid July CPPE www.cppe.ac.uk/programmes/l/dementia-w-03
Sunday, 2 February, 2020, 09.30 - 16.30
Merley House, Merley House Ln, Wimborne BH21 3AA
CPPE www.cppe.ac.uk/programmes/l/cpcs-w-01 FULL
- RT @jamesnicholas78: Suicide is the most common cause of death amongst young men in the UK. I'm raising money this Movember by growing a mo…
- RT @PHPharmOutcomes: PharmOutcomes service guides are ready to help https://t.co/cUUBi6EVgY https://t.co/82igZieKY3
- RT @PSNCNews: #PharmacyHour The Fluoxetine 10mg capsule SSP has been withdrawn now that sufficient stock is available https://t.co/qPZQM2FE…
- RT @AvonLPC: Please let us know if you have any questions https://t.co/NDERCG5CwX
- RT @DevonLPC: Looking forward to our clinical update day tomorrow with @GP_Update - 50 pharmacists giving up their Sunday to attend our Red…
- RT @FFMFSomerset: Worried about your #FluVaccine? You can find some of the answers to your questions on the #Nhs website: https://t.co/G0qX…
- RT @somersetccg: Thank you and well done to all of our brilliant #FluFighters who attended our vaccination clinic today! #StayWellSomerset…
- RT @somersetccg: Our CEO @JamesRimmerNHS pictured here getting his flu jab at our first clinic today, thanks for leading by example James!…
- RT @somersetccg: Forgot the picture 🤦♀️ https://t.co/s2okHPueNU
- RT @AvonLPC: Are you planning to claim the PQS Aspiration payment? The Deadline is the 1st of November For more info: https://t.co/uDD2j…