Services Database Blood Pressure Testing Service (East Riding of Yorkshire and Hull Areas)
Through Healthy Living Pharmacies, this service aims to increase the detection of undiagnosed high blood pressure. The service is only available to patients who have not had a blood pressure check within the last year. An exception to this would be if the patient has been recently tested and signposted from another organisation i.e. Health Trainers or other Health Professional.
Patients already diagnosed with any of the following conditions are not eligible for screening:
- high blood pressure (and are on treatment for high blood pressure).
- atrial Fibrillation
- chronic Kidney Disease
- transient ischaemic attack
- heart failure
- myocardial infarction
Location of service
Method of commissioning
Source of funding
Other organisations involved
- All accredited pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and pharmacy team members providing the service will be required to attend a training event.
- Pharmacists and accredited Pharmacy technicians involved in providing the service are encourage to use the CPPE ‘Hypertension gateway page; themed learning resources’ to enhance and test their knowledge: https://www.cppe.ac.uk/gateway/HYPER
- All staff involved in the service are encouraged to understand and apply the principles of MECC (Making Every Contact Count) and undertake the training to support high quality interventions.
This service is only available in the East Riding of Yorkshire and Hull CCG areas.