Services Database Community Pharmacy AF Screening (Telford & Wrekin and Shropshire Areas)
This pilot scheme will screen for atrial fibrillation (AF) in a targeted population of patients registered with a GP practice in Shropshire & Telford. This scheme is available to patients who are registered with a GP practice in either Telford or Shropshire only.
The overall aim of the scheme is to screen over 65 year olds for atrial fibrillation. The service aims to target those most at risk, i.e. anyone aged 65 and over with:
- coronary heart disease (angina, previous myocardial infarction, coronary artery bypass graft/stent)
- heart failure
- stroke/transient ischemic attack
- peripheral arterial disease
Pharmacies taking part in the pilot will be provided with an AliveCor monitor and a Samsung Galaxy tablet.
Location of service
Method of commissioning
Source of funding
Other organisations involved
- Attendance at LPC specified face to face training.
- Attendance at CPPE ‘Patient safety: an anticoagulant case study – focal point’ workshop or completion of CPPE atrial fibrillation gateway: https://www.cppe.ac.uk/gateway/atrial