Services Database Hertfordshire County Council Flu vaccination service
Hertfordshire County Council Public Health will fund community pharmacists to provide a free at the point of delivery private seasonal flu vaccination to a defined group who are not eligible for the free NHS seasonal flu vaccination.
Individuals eligible for this service will present to the community pharmacy a letter/email of authorisation from Hertfordshire County Council Public Heath before the vaccination can take place.
Eligibility will be staff working for:
- Hertfordshire County Council
- District and Borough Councils in Hertfordshire
- Broxbourne Borough Council
- Dacorum Borough Council
- East Herts District Council
- Hertsmere Borough Council
- North Herts District Council
- St Albans & District Council
- Stevenage Borough Council
- Three Rivers District Council
- Watford Borough Council
- Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council
- Special Schools in Hertfordshire
- Third Sector and Voluntary Sector Organisations providing
social care services and support to Hertfordshire.
Those eligible under this service will be anyone who is not eligible under the NHS seasonal flu vaccination programme which for 2022/23 will include anyone who will be under the age of 65 years on 31 March 2023 and who does not fall into one of the NHS priority groups.
Location of service
Local Authority (LA)
Method of commissioning
Local Authority contract
Source of funding
Seasonal influenza vaccination
Other organisations involved