Services Database Hypertension and Atrial Fibrillation Screening in Pharmacies (Thurrock Area)
This service involves screening to customers of the pharmacy who walk in for any reason and present a high risk of blood pressure or atrial fibrillation (AF).
In order to be selected for screening, clients have to be registered with a Thurrock GP and meet any of the following criteria:
- are over the age of 65;
- are overweight or obese;
- are of African or Carribean descent;
- have a relative for high blood pressure;
- eat too much salt and don't eat enough fruit and vegetables;
- don't do enough exercise;
- drink too much alcohol or coffee (or other caffeine-based drinks);
- smoke; and
- don't get much sleep or have disturbed sleep.
Location of service
Method of commissioning
Source of funding
Local Authority (LA)
Other organisations involved
This service is available in the Thurrock area only.