Services Database London Pharmacy Vaccination Service 2016-17 (Across the London Area – 13 LPCs Involved)
Please note this service is commissioned across London by the local NHS England team. Therefore, the following LPCs have the same vaccination service in their areas:
- Barnet, Enfield & Haringey LPC
- Bexley, Bromley and Greenwich LPC
- Brent and Harrow LPC
- Camden and Islington LPC
- City and Hackney LPC
- Croydon LPC
- Ealing, Hammersmith and Hounslow LPC
- Hillingdon LPC
- Kensington, Chelsea and Westminster LPC
- Kingston, Richmond and Twickenham LPC
- Lambeth, Southwark and Lewisham LPC
- North East London LPC
- Sutton, Merton and Wandsworth LPC
The service has only been added onto the Services Database under this entry to avoid duplication.
Please note, this service also allows pharmacists to provide the pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccination.
As a result of partnership working, NHS England has enabled all London Fire Brigade staff to be vaccinated as part of this service free of charge this year.
Location of service
Barnet, Enfield & Haringey LPC
Method of commissioning
Source of funding
Seasonal influenza vaccination
Other organisations involved
Start date: 01/09/2016
End date: 31/03/2017
Pharmacists providing this service must meet the following criteria:
- The pharmacist is able to vaccinate at least 20 persons during the relevant period
- All pharmacists will need to complete, every two years, the Declaration of Competence
- Training must meet the National Minimum Standards for Immunisation Training and the accompanying Core Curriculum
- The pharmacist has completed and passed a recognised basic life support training course for both adults and children from age 2 years , in the past 12 months or an approved update training (face to face or via e-learning)
- The pharmacist must have signed authorised copies of the NHS England PGD.