Services Database Pharmacy Care Plan Service
The pharmacy care plan service will provide all eligible individuals with an opportunity to review their personal health goals and medicines use with a pharmacist, and to receive support in setting up and following a tailored care plan that will help them to reach those goals with reduced risk of medicines-related hospital admissions or attendances.
The aim of the service is to:
- enable patients to improve the self-management of their conditions and improve their quality of life; and
- demonstrate cost savings to the NHS, by increasing patient activation and improving quality of life measures
Location of service
Greater Manchester LPC
Method of commissioning
Source of funding
Other organisations involved
Start date: 02/01/2017
End date: 31/08/2017
- Attending the CPGM Healthcare Ltd training day, which will cover consultation skills, goal setting, person-centred care, the use of health assessment tools and clinical measures.
- Pharmacists will also be expected to have met or be actively working towards the Consultation skills for pharmacy practice: practice standards for England, as determined by Health Education England.
- Other members of pharmacy staff involved in the service will also be expected to have read through the CPPE Consultation skills for pharmacy support staff resource.