Services Database Seasonal Flu Immunisation 2014-15 (Across the Hertfordshire & North Midlands Area – 3 LPCs involved)
Please note this service is commissioned across Hertfordshire and the North Midlands by the Hertfordshire & North Midlands Area Team. Therefore, the following LPCs have the same seasonal influenza vaccination service in their areas:
- Bedfordshire LPC
- Hertfordshire LPC
- Northamptonshire & Milton Keynes LPC
The service has only been added onto the Services Database under this entry to avoid duplication.
The participating pharmacy contractor will support the awareness campaign to increase understanding about seasonal influenza and provide seasonal influenza vaccination to those aged 12 to 64 in the at risk groups, including pregnant women. The vaccination will be administered by accredited pharmacists when appropriate to patients under a Patient Group Direction (PGD).
Location of service
Method of commissioning
NHS Enhanced service (AT)
Source of funding
Seasonal influenza vaccination
Other organisations involved
Start date: 01/09/2014
End date: 31/03/2015
Pharmacists must have completed:
- seasonal flu training to deliver the requirements of NHS Hertfordshire and South Midlands Sonar Flu 2014 Patient Group Directive 00019 (PGD);
- anaphylaxis training within the past 12 months;
- and passed a recognised Basic Life Support (BLS) training course for both adults and children in the past 12 months or approved alternative update training ( BLS training must be updated every 3 years): can be face to face or via e-learning; and
- the Sonar online assessment training on behalf of NHS England (Hertfordshire and South Midlands area team) before delivering the service.