Exciting Opportunity to develop your Clinical skills for Minor Ailments – POSTPONED
Thursday, 30 April, 2020
University of Bath
Avon LPC and Bath University are delighted to announce that they are running a fully funded Community Pharmacy Minor ailments Course starting in April 2020.This course will help support the development of the skills that community pharmacists require for the CPCS minor ailments service and any future services and the course is fully funded by HEE. (Please note this does not include any backfill costs)Key facts
- A 9 week online course with a one-day face to face mandatory workshop held in Bath
- Distance learning supported by our interactive, facilitated e-learning platform, including online induction, introductory webinar and comprehensive learning materials
- In the workshop you’ll learn clinical examination skills (including use of otoscope and urinalysis), and training on identification of the unwell patient
- Topics include: ENT, respiratory tract infections, MSK and dermatology.
- Learners successfully completing the course will receive a certificate of completion and transcript of credit (unit is equivalent to 12 CATS credits at level 7)
Funded places are available for community pharmacists (including locums) as long as they meet the criteria which include working a community pharmacy for a minimum of 15 hours per week. Please check that you meet the other terms and conditions https://www.bath.ac.uk/publications/minor-ailments-guidance-notes-and-forms/
The unit will start on Monday 6th April and coursework will be due to be submitted by 9am on 5th June 2020. The workshop date has been planned for 14th May at the University in Bath (exact times to be confirmed).
Please note that if you work for a company please seek approval from your line manager before applying
If you want to apply please use the attached link https://samis.bath.ac.uk/urd/sits.urd/run/siw_ipp_lgn.login?process=siw_ipp_app&code1=TDUPA-PC04&code2=0018 THIS MUST BE DONE BY THE END OF JANUARY TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FREE FUNDING