It is important that you keep up to date with the rapidly changing environment at this time. Public Health England, the Department of Health and PSNC have developed a range of resources to support community pharmacy and the wider health care system that the whole pharmacy team should be aware of.
Please ask the LPC for support when needed and report immediately any changes to period of treatment on prescriptions, or any incidents, especially where pharmacy teams may be being put at unnecessary risk.
Covid-19 testing for community pharmacy key workers
Please note access to testing is via the national portal which is linked on the COVID testing page. Please DO NOT phone the LPC if you wish to book a test. (The LPC is NOT able to book a test for you and does not have any information regarding the availability of tests or the opening hours and locations of the test centres).
Please see our COVID-19 testing page for further details.
The key resources can be accessed here and we will continue to signpost to them as a primary resource:
- Summary of Key News Updates from PSNC
- NHSE&I – Read the latest for community pharmacy here
- SOP for community pharmacy
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance for employees, employers and businesses
- PSNC’s COVID-19 page which collates all of the current information and resources for community pharmacy contractors and their teams in a single place
- PHE – Access PHE resources here
- GOV.UK – For the latest government advice for health professionals
- GPHC – The latest news, including support and regulatory support can be accessed here
- RPS – For news and support visit the RPS website
- See the latest update regarding PPE from PSNC
- Accepting returned medicines – advice from the national pharmacy bodies
- Emergency closure checklist for community pharmacy
Check your NHSmail shared mailbox on a regular basis for updates.
What is your LPC doing?
- Working with LPCs across the region to ensure maximum support to contractors
- Ensuring you are provided with the most up to date information
- Updating the LPC business continuity plans to ensure you are fully supported over the coming months
- Raising concerns with PSNC, NHSE and other relevant bodies
- Meeting with local health providers (CCG, Local Authority, Drug Service, Area Team) to ensure community pharmacy is considered in local planning arrangements and to allow us to feedback concerns
Availability and use of PPE
Changes to prescribing by Dental Practices
Please download this letter to see the recommendations made to Dentists across Greater Manchester with regard to prescribing during the pandemic.
Pharmacy Hygiene Measures
The simplest way to prevent onward transmission of the virus is good hygiene. You must ensure that:
- You wash your hands regularly with soap and warm water.
- You use a disposable tissue to catch a cough or sneeze, immediately discard it into the waste bin and wash your hands with soap and warm water.
- You must ensure waste from the waste bin is disposed of in a bin liner which is tied to prevent waste spilling out. Wash your hands with soap and warm water after disposing of waste bags.
- You must clean surfaces which have had patient contact more regularly throughout the day using an appropriate sanitiser/ disinfectant/ alcohol surface wipes.
Make use of the resources on the PHE website linked below.
Local Signposting Resources
Local Signposting Resources
Healthwatch Bolton have collated a range of local and national signposting information which you may find useful.
Visit their website for further information.
National Posters & Leaflets
Download the latest posters for outside the pharmacy from PHE. (Please note these posters are being updated regularly)
LPC COVID-19 Updates
Please access your shared mailbox for the regular updates from the LPC.