Improving Inhaler Technique Through Community Pharmacy
This service is commissioned by NHSE Greater Manchester and started date 1st August 2017.
- Read the service specification and address any learning needs
- Read the service guide
- Develop your SOP. A template is available below
- All pharmacists to complete DOC on the CPPE website and keep a copy in your pharmacy
Check your resources. Do you have:
- ACT and CAT forms printed
- A range of placebo inhalers
- An Incheck Device and mouth pieces
- Consultation forms (remember you can add data directly to PharmOutcomes
All you then need to do is brief your staff, put up your posters and send the briefing to your local practices.
Below you will find links to a range of documents to support service delivery in your pharmacy
|Service Level Agreement & CHL Handover Letter|
|Service Specification||Inhaler Technique Service Spec 2017|
|ACT Form||Asthma Control Test|
|CAT Form||CAT Form|
|CAT User Guide||CAT User Guide|
|SOP (Please Note: This is a template SOP which you can adapt for use in your particular pharmacy. It should be reviewed (in conjunction with the service specification) agreed and signed off by your pharmacy superintendent before implementation. Pharmacists providing the service must be familiar with the service specification before providing the service.||Template Standard Operating Procedure|
|Service Guide||GM Improving Inhaler Technique Through Community Pharmacy Service Guide|
|Consultation Form – Including initial and follow-up visits and consent||Inhaler technique Consultation Form Final|
|Information Sheet for patients||Inhaler-service-patient-info-flyer|
Got a Question about this or any other service?
Your Local Pharmaceutical Committee is happy to help.
Contact: Louise Gatley (firstname.lastname@example.org)