Pharmacy Quality Scheme
The Pharmacy Quality Scheme (PQS) forms part of the Community Pharmacy Contractual Framework (CPCF).
It supports delivery of the NHS Long Term Plan and rewards community pharmacy contractors that achieve quality criteria in the three domains of healthcare quality: clinical effectiveness, patient safety and patient experience.
Visit the PSNC PQS hub page for full details of the 2021/22 scheme including a full range of resources and guides.
Quality Criteria & Domains
Further details regarding the domains can be found on the PSNC website.
PQS Training Requirements
Staff training is a focus of Gateway and Quality Criteria Domains. Eight of the twelve training requirements have been included in previous PQS; if staff have previously completed the training and, where applicable, successfully passed the e-assessment, there is no requirement to complete this again. We strongly recommend that you start to work on any gaps now to leave sufficient time to complete other PQS actions.
PSNC has published a briefing which includes a table listing the training requirements and summarises who needs to complete the training.
Resources & Briefings
- NHSE&I Guidance
- PSNC Briefing 034/21: Pharmacy Quality Scheme – Important dates for the diary
- PSNC Briefing 025/21: Pharmacy Quality Scheme – Summary of the training requirements for the 2021/22 Scheme – We recommend that you review this document now and start to work on any training gaps
- PSNC Briefing 029/21: Pharmacy Quality Scheme – Guidance for pharmacy contractors on the PCN domain (August 2021)
- PSNC / Community Pharmacy Patient Safety Group – Resource to complete the patient safety report
- Access a recording of the PSNC webinar here
- The local Anti-biotic formulary can be found here
More information regarding PQS and the PSNC resources which are currently available can be found on the PSNC PQS hub page.