Healthy Living Pharmacy
Community pharmacies have an important role to play in offering health and wellbeing advice and services. Under the healthy living pharmacies scheme, pharmacies are awarded a quality mark of excellence by City and Hackney public health and their partners, assuring people using them of their high standards of service and care.
Healthy living pharmacies:
- are identifiable to the public and other healthcare professionals
- actively promote healthy living and wellbeing as a core activity
- seek to improve health and wellbeing in the local area, with the community’s health at the centre of all they do
- are accessible and approachable
- are valued and trusted
- have a pharmacist who has undertaken leadership training and leads the pharmacy team in delivering the healthy living pharmacy ethos
- have a health champion who has undertaken health champion training
- consistently deliver a range of contracted and commissioned services of high quality
- maintain their premises to a high professional standard, with private consultation facilities and with appropriate IT availability and accessibility
- work closely with other healthcare providers
How to apply
You can apply to become a healthy living pharmacy when your pharmacy team feels ready to become accredited.
You must indicate that you meet each of the service requirements and quality criteria detailed in the brochure [pdf, 426.77Kb] .
Submit your application form, along with your supporting evidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org.