Get more involved with IT
Get more involved with IT
PSNC works with the other national pharmacy bodies and NHS Digital to support pharmacy contractors to make the best use of current and future pharmacy technologies to maximise patient benefit. Contractors and their teams that want to help improve community pharmacy IT can engage in the following ways:
Share your IT best practice
Learn more about IT and how to code
If you want to get involved in coding IT systems, the Code4health initiative may provide opportunities to learn more about this aspect of IT.
Attend an IT event
Events which will include a focus on healthcare IT have included and will include:
- March 3rd, 2020: Community Pharmacy IT Group, St Albans (quarterly meeting)
- March 3rd-4th, 2020:Digital Health Rewired, London
- May 20th-21st, 2020: Digital Health and Care Congress, London
- June 2nd, 2020: Community Pharmacy IT Group, (quarterly meeting)
- June 5th-6th, 2020: Clinical Pharmacy Congress, London
- June 24th-25th, 2020: Digital Healthcare Show, London
- July 2nd, 2020: Next Generation of NHS, Manchester
- September 1st, 2020: Community Pharmacy IT Group, (quarterly meeting)
- September 4th-5th, 2020: ConfedExpo, Manchester
- September 29th-30th, 2020: Healthcare Efficiency Through Technology (HETT) / UK Health Show, London
- October 18th-19th, 2020: Pharmacy Show, Birmingham
- November 19th, 2020: Community Pharmacy IT Group, (quarterly meeting)
- Spring 2021: Community Pharmacy IT Group, (quarterly meeting)
- Early March 2021: Expected: Digital Health Rewired, London
- Summer 2021: Community Pharmacy IT Group, (quarterly meeting)
- Winter 2021: Community Pharmacy IT Group, (quarterly meeting)
To have an event added here, please email your request to PSNC.
Discuss IT with colleagues
Consider use of social media to discuss community pharmacy IT matters. PSNC has a Guide to pharmacy social media use.
During 2017 NHS Digital, PSNC and the other national pharmacy bodies will be exploring further opportunities for community pharmacy team members to be able to discuss digital issues online.
Provide feedback, respond to consultations and take part in other ways
Feedback / take part
PSNC would like feedback from contractors and their teams on all aspects of pharmacy IT, including:
- Information Governance training tool – how could NHS Digital’s interim training materials be improved?
- Digital reimbursement solutions – give us your feedback on how this could be improved, including use of an electronic FP34C and electronic ‘referred backs’ from the Pricing Authority.
Contractors may also feed back ideas about their PMR systems to their system suppliers: Making your EPS system work for you.
Volunteer to be a digital pioneer
- If you are a pharmacy contractor who would like to test new pharmacy IT developments then please enter your details onto our IT feedback form.
- If you are interested in improving internet connectivity, consider registering interest to join the virtual Health and Social Care Network (HSCN) pharmacy volunteer group. The HSCN is the new network which will replace N3. The volunteer group will have the opportunity to provide input into development of the HSCN.
- Feed your views into the Community Pharmacy IT Group. PSNC sits on this group alongside other pharmacy bodies. Use the IT feedback form.
- Express interest with becoming a cybersecurity pilot.
Surveys you can participate in
PSNC, NHS Digital, and others plan to publish a short series of IT surveys in the coming months; the first survey focused on EPS enhancement preferences (psnc.org.uk/itsurvey).
- NHS Digital consulations hub (various deadlines)