DPS Contract Opportunities – Calendar
Public Health Dorset wrote to all Pharmacy Teams on 20th January 2016 to remind everyone of the expiry date of the current contract in respect Community Health Improvement Services and also to remind everyone of Public Health Dorset’s commissioning intentions beyond that date.
- The current contracts for provision of Community Health Improvement Services, that have been in place since 1 April 2014, will expire on 31st March 2016.
Services as from 1 April 2016
- Only providers that have successfully entered what is a procedure known as a Dynamic Purchasing System [DPS] for Community Health Improvement services are eligible, as pre-approved providers, to be invited to submit a tender for services.
- Only providers that go on to secure a contract, following competitive tender, will be contracted to deliver Community Health Improvement Services as from 1st April 2016.
Commissioning / Procurement Intentions
- Tender process for Smoking Cessation and Sexual Health level 1 [EHC] are currently underway, the closing date for Smoking Cessation is 18.1.2016, and the closing date for Sexual Health is 1.2.2016; there may however be another opportunity for these
- Next tenders will be: Sexual Health Level 2 [LARC], Supervised Consumption, Needle Exchange, Health Check Assessments and Weight Management.
- Public Health Dorset are reviewing the commissioning approach to Health Check invitations and will contact incumbent providers again shortly regarding this provision.
Dynamic Purchasing System [DPS] for Community Health Improvement Service
The DPS opportunity is available on e-tender system ProContract hosted via http://www.supplyingthesouthwest.org.uk.
The DPS consists of the following Lots and organisations may apply for admission to one or all lots:
• Lot 1 – Health Check Assessments
• Lot 2 – Health Checks Invitation Management
• Lot 3 – Sexual Health Level 1
• Lot 4 – Sexual Health Level 2
• Lot 5 – Supervised Consumption
• Lot 6 – Needle Exchange
• Lot 7 – Smoking Cessation
• Lot 8 – Weight Management
• Lot 9 – Immunisation
Documentation is available on the e-tender system against the DPS opportunity to explain how the process works.
Note: Successful entrance into the DPS is not a contract to deliver services. A contract is the outcome of responding successfully to what is an invitation to tender.
If you have yet to apply to enter the DPS, do so now.
Guidance on how to apply is here.
If you would like any further information, please contact:-
Barbara O’Reilly, Business Manager, Public Health Dorset, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01305 225858