SCR Online Access link
Contact Details for the Smartcard Office
Smartcard Office: Priory Rd Surgery, Priory Rd, Swindon, SN3 2EZ
Tel: 0300 5610429
If you are told to make contact with your “local Registration Authority” this is a good place to start! However, note that sometimes your “local Registration Authority” is someone or a department within your pharmacy group who has responsibility for Smartcards.
Changes to how you contact the Registration Authority (RA) Team (Smartcard Team)
We are pleased to announce that as part of SCW IT Services Continuous Service Improvements, we have changed the contact number for the RA Team – the team that administer Smart Cards.
These changes will ensure that all calls/emails for the RA Team will be directly routed through to the Team, ensuring a faster and more efficient service.
The new telephone number will be 0300 5610429
The email address will stay the same: firstname.lastname@example.org
These changes will take effect immediately.
Anyone who uses the old contact points will be still be re-directed to the RA Team; however, they may not benefit from the above service improvements.
Please contact the RA Team if you have any questions regarding this change.
T: 0300 5610429
Different roles that pharmacy staff may have on their card
An individual may have more than one role on a card.
- Pharmacy role (eg pharmacist, dispenser, MCA) specific to a pharmacy
- SCR (available only to pharmacists and registered technicians) specific to a pharmacy
- SCR Governance Person (aka SGP or Privacy Officer) – specific to a single or list of pharmacies
- Sponsor – specific to a single or list of pharmacies
- Identity Checker – NOT pharmacy specific
- Card Unlocker – NOT pharmacy specific
- FFFF code – for pharmacists who work in numerous pharmacies at short notice
Useful guides – how to use the Care Identity Service on the Spine portal
- Identity checks 22 July 2015
- RA CIS GUIDE – Viewing Position Access Codes
- RA CIS GUIDE – Assigning Access to a User
- RA CIS GUIDE – Creating a New User
- RA CIS GUIDE – Removing Access from a User
- RA CIS GUIDE – Renewing and Repairing Certificates on a Smartcard
- RA CIS GUIDE – Unlocking a Smartcard