Cuts & ‘Efficiencies’ in Community Pharmacy webinar
Monday, 25 January, 2016 7pm
This NPA webinar “Cuts and ‘efficiencies’ in community pharmacy: what exactly do the Government’s proposals mean?” is now open to all contractors and LPCs.
Just before Christmas, the Department of Health and NHS England announced a reduction in funding for community pharmacies. It also gave a heads up to consultations on ‘new models of ordering prescriptions and collecting dispensed medicines’ and hub & spoke dispensing. Furthermore, the Department will consult on how best to introduce a ‘Pharmacy Integration Fund’ and a ‘Pharmacy Access Fund’. To help NPA members understand what this means, members can join our webinar: Join us for our Cuts & ‘Efficiencies’ in Community Pharmacy webinar at 7.00pm on Monday 25 January to find out more. The NPA is leading the response of the independent sector to the Government’s announcement. Our approach is:
· To challenge the current direction of DH/NHS policy – which appears to imply that pharmacy is just a distribution mechanism for product, rather than a valuable health and social care asset at the heart of communities. Details are currently limited, but the NPA is certain that the proposals taken together constitute a significant risk to the integrity of the community pharmacy network
· To help independents adapt to meet the genuine challenges that exist in terms of changed patient/public expectations and new technologies
· To provide services to NPA members that focus on the financial bottom line as well as pharmacy practice.
At our Cuts & ‘Efficiencies’ in Community Pharmacy webinar, NPA members will:
1. Learn more about the Government’s plans
2. Get the NPA’s perspective on how independents could be affected
3. Find out how you can get involved in the NPA’s co-ordinated response
Account Manager (South of England)
National Pharmacy Association