Health Promotion Resources
2018/19 Public Health Campaigns
Primary Care Team South Central have decided this year to undertake three local campaigns for BGSW:
1. Change4life – Beginning of July 18 to August 18 to coincide with the summer holidays
2. Be Clear on Cancer – August 18 to September 18
3. Stroke – FAST –March 19 to April 19
In addition to the three national campaigns for this year.
We are working on the details with Public Health England and will updated you as soon as these are finalised. We will then of course share with the contractors the process and details.
Gloucestershire’s Healthy Lifestyles Service is launching its new Pledge campaign.
You can find out more about the campaign in the attached briefing, including how you can help us to help people in Gloucestershire to adopt a healthier lifestyle – by making a pledge to make one small change. People will be making their pledges on our dedicated microsite – and we’ll be using the hashtag #PledgeGlos to help spread the word far and wide.
HLP Brief Advice Information
These information sheets provide a summary of the Key messages, Benefits and Top Tips for several of the Prority areas of the HLP Framework. HLCs will have been given this information during their training, and all staff should read and have an understanding of the Brief Advice for effective discussions with the public. HLCs should identify and stock supporting leaflets for each of the topics (e.g.Change4Life) , which can be given during the consultation, together with local signposting.
Health Promotion Resources Gloucestershire has now been disbanded, and therefore pharmacies will need to order materials themselves.
To see the full range of leaflets available, please download the Health Promotion Leaflets and Posters Guide Jan 2017. This guide will help you to order leaflets and provides details of leaflets which are available and how to order them.
Additional support and learning to support HLP Framework
Chief Medical Officers’ Alcohol Guidelines Review
Please note the new guidelines and recommendations for level of alcohol consumption in the updated guidelines.
Oral health and dementia
This infographic is designed to support wider health care professionals in improving oral health outcomes, and reducing oral health inequalities in adults living with dementia. It aims to maximise the role of such professionals in using a brief oral-health intervention to:
- Raise awareness of the importance of oral health in dementia, and its impact on general health and wellbeing
- Provide basic oral health information
- Signpost to local dental services
Introducing the resources
- Oral health and dementia infographic: plus a printer-friendly black and white version.
- Infographic SUMMARY GUIDANCE document: Background and local dental access information
- Infographic FULL GUIDANCE document: Identifies opportunities to embed oral health promotion into existing dementia protocols, policies and training.
British Lung Foundation resources
1. A simple guide to help pharmacists when talking to their respiratory patients about the importance of medication adherence and knowledge, as well as the added importance of healthy lifestyles, such as tobacco reduction, exercise and diet.
2. A document which highlights how the BLF can support pharmacists with our free patient resources, COPD patient passport, our BLF professionals programme and opportunities for partnership working.