Fin McCaul bio
Name: Fin McCaul
Role: Chair & PSNC Regional Representative
Qualified: Liverpool School of Pharmacy, 1986. MRPharmS, 1987. Awarded FRPharmS in 2016
Fin is Managing Director of Prestwich Pharmacy and his role at Greater Manchester LPC involves leading on contractor engagement and workforce development.
As well as his role as a Committee Member, Fin has worked with a variety of public health groups and is currently the Long-Term Conditions Lead for NHS Bury CCG, working with GPs, other primary care providers and secondary care. Fin also speaks and delivers training at local and national events on smoking cessation, weight loss, professional development, and change management.
Fin was made a Fellow of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society in 2016 in recognition of his service to pharmacy, and has been a PSNC Regional Representative for the North West since 2017.
“As an independent pharmacist and a regional representative, I see myself, not only as a link between the LPC and PSNC, but also as a critical support to PSNC in understanding what’s happening on the ground for Community Pharmacy and contractors locally”.
Areas of special interest / expertise:
- Independent pharmacy practice
- Long-term conditions management
- Pharmacy service delivery
- Communication skills
- Change management
Other relevant roles:
- Chairman of Independent Pharmacy Federation (2007-14)
- NHS Bury CCG Long-Term Conditions Lead since 2012
- Works alongside the NPA board, promoting the benefits of independent pharmacy while supporting members
- PSNC Regional Representative North West since 2017