Peter Marks bio
Name: Peter Marks
Role: Stockport Locality
Qualified: BSc (Hons) Pharmacy, Liverpool Polytechnic, 1979
Peter was chairman of Stockport LPC until the merger of the GM LPCs into the Greater Manchester LPC. He was also a founder member and former Chair of Community Pharmacy Greater Manchester. Peter is involved with several boards/groups of Stockport CCG and is currently working on high-level system redesign initiatives connected with Stockport’s vanguard status and NHS England.
Peter has been involved with the corporate delivery of healthcare for many years, starting as a non-executive director of Stockport Health Authority. He was a member of the professional executive committee of Stockport PCT from its inception.
Since selling the four community pharmacies he owned in Greater Manchester, Peter continues to work for one day a week in Peak Pharmacy, Heald Green.
Areas of special interest / expertise:
- System redesign
- Inhaler technique improvement
Other relevant roles:
- PCN lead for the Cheadle PCN in Stockport
- Chairman and board member of CHL (Community Pharmacy Greater Manchester Healthcare)
- Member of GMMMG (Greater Manchester Medicines Management Group)
- Member of RMOC North (Regional Medicines Optimisation Committee)
- Lead on the Greater Manchester adult inhaler initiative
- Lead on a pilot to improve the asthma of children in schools across Greater Manchester