Peter Marks bio
Name: Peter Marks
Role: Locality Lead for Stockport
Qualified: BSc (Hons) Pharmacy, Liverpool Polytechnic, 1979
Peter is the Locality Lead for Stockport and was previously Chairman of Stockport LPC before the merger into GMLPC in 2016. As well as his role as a committee member, Peter is also a member of the Governance Sub-Group, and has represented GMLPC at the Greater Manchester Medicines Management Group (GMMMG), and in the North of England at the Regional Medicines Optimisation Committee (RMOC).
Peter is Chair of the PCN Subgroup and the Community Pharmacy Greater Manchester Healthcare Ltd (CHL). As the LPC Director of CHL, he contributes to bringing in new services and income streams into GM community pharmacies.
He has a passion for inhaler technique and is involved in developing digital inhaler technique training for community pharmacists and patients. This is in addition to being involved with inhaler plans looking at carbon footprint implications.
“One of my proudest achievements has been working with the LPC’s Senior Responsible Officer and the LPC Office Team for PCNs and having in place a community pharmacy lead in each of our PCNs. This is a vital piece of work for the future tying in so closely with the community pharmacy PQS and the enhanced cooperation across PCNs with our primary care colleagues”.
Areas of special interest / expertise:
- System redesign
- Inhaler technique improvement
Other relevant roles:
- PCN lead for the Cheadle PCN in Stockport
- Chairman and board member of CHL (Community Pharmacy Greater Manchester Healthcare)
- Member of GMMMG (Greater Manchester Medicines Management Group)
- Member of RMOC North (Regional Medicines Optimisation Committee)
- Lead on the Greater Manchester adult inhaler initiative
- Lead on a pilot to improve the asthma of children in schools across Greater Manchester