Webinar: Promoting Physical Activity
Monday, 23 July, 2018 7.30pm-8.30pm
Webinar (Monday 23rd July, 7.30pm)
Physical activity is the topic for this summer’s mandatory health campaign for Greater Manchester pharmacies, which runs until the end of September. It involves helping people understand the benefits of being more active, risks of inactivity, and simple ways people can take more exercise – whatever their age and ability level.
GM Healthcare Academy (which includes GMLPC), is running a webinar at 7.30pm on Monday 23rd July to help pharmacies deliver the campaign. We’re very excited to announce that the presenters will include Dr William Bird MBE, who pioneered health walks and is a leading expert in the benefits of physical activity, plus GM Moving and award-winning local Health Champions.
The webinar will cover:
- Benefits of physical activity
- Tips to being more physically active, tailored to different age groups and ability levels
- How to start conversations about physical activity
- Resources being delivered to most pharmacies (including posters and packs)
- Promoting the campaign in your pharmacy
Note: Greater Manchester commissioners are sending a physical activity resource pack containing posters and other materials to most pharmacies. You should receive your pack by the end of July.