Falsified Medicines Directive (FMD)
The Falsified Medicines Directive (FMD) comes into effect across Europe on 9th February 2019 and will affect the way that all community pharmacies work. We’re producing a series of short briefings between now and then to help you make sure your pharmacy is prepared. You should also visit the FMD Source website, which provides the official FMD guidance for community pharmacies.
Read our bite-sized guides to FMD:
- Issue 1: Intro & Overview (17th Oct 2018)
- Issue 2: Choosing a FMD supplier (7th Nov 2018)
- Issue 3: Registering with SecurMed UK (7th Nov 2018)
- Issue 4: NHS Digital Support & process for community pharmacy (19th Dec 2018)
- Issue 5: Guidance with just under one month to go (10th Jan 2019)
Download slides from our FMD briefing event:
NHS Digital FMD Toolkit for community pharmacies:
NHS Digital has produced a toolkit to support community pharmacies in implementing the Falsified Medicines Directive (FMD). Access the community pharmacy toolkit.
If you have an NHS email address, you can also join the FMD Google+ community. Please email FMD@nhs.net to request an invite. If you work in community pharmacy and are interested in working with NHS Digital as an early adopter, please register your interest by emailing FMD@nhs.net.
Visit the FMD Source website:
- Check the official guidance for community pharmacies at https://fmdsource.co.uk/