We have been made aware that a number of contractors and locums have faced challenges in obtaining smartcards and appropriate access, particularly multi-site (FFFFF code).
We have worked with the RA in simplifying the process for pharmacists who live within the Greater Manchester LPC localities; Bury, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Stockport, Tameside & Glossop, Trafford, and Wigan. If you do not live in one of the local authority areas specified then you will need to contact the local RA in the area that you live in. Details can be obtained here.
Under the new CPCF, it is imperative that pharmacists have the appropriate access to deliver services such as CPCS where SCR access is vital in assessing patients suitability for the emergency supply element of the service and clinical assessment in the minor conditions element. To this end GMLPC is working to support the workforce in removing any barriers to delivery.
To ensure contractors who live in the Greater Manchester have an effective mechanism to obtain and update smartcards, GM LPC has agreed the following ways of working:
- If you have no Smartcard click here
- If you want to change the role based access (eg add SCR) on you card click here
- If you want to add locum access to your smartcard click here
- If you want to be set up as a Sponsor or are unsure who your Sponsor is click here
- If you have lost your smartcard click here