Electronic Prescription Service Release 2 – EPS R2
The Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) enables prescribers – such as GPs and practice nurses – to send prescriptions electronically to a pharmacy of the patient’s choice. This makes the prescribing and dispensing process more efficient and convenient for patients and pharmacy staff.
This section of our website explains more about EPS – and how you can reap the full benefit in your pharmacy. This briefing (Apr 2018) includes tools, tips and techniques to help you get the most from EPS.
EPS guide & top tips
Our guide (updated June 2018) explains the latest tools to help you get the most from EPS in your pharmacy.
EPSR2 – Pharmacy Checklist and supporting documents
EPS Business Continuity – PSNC guide (Dec 2016)
EPS2 go live dates – update 12/05/2017
DR Chiu Practice (P84611) and Dr Ngan (P840005) from Central Manchester CCG both go love with EPS2 on 28th and 29th June respectively. This brings Manchester to 100% EPS2.
borchardt Medical Centre (P84010) has additional training on 21st June to enable the staff on site to use the EPS2 functionality
Useful web links to EPS2 information:
- EPS for GP practice staff www.hscic.gov.uk/epsgp
- Videos of GP staff www.hscic.gov.uk/epslibrary
- Latest statistics www.hscic.gov.uk/epsstats
- EPS Deployment Map www.hscic.gov.uk/epsmap
- FAQs www.hscic.gov.uk/epsfaqs
- Latest news and events www.hscic.gov.uk/epsnews
- Sign up for the bulletin www.hscic.gov.uk/epssignup
- Contact the EPS team firstname.lastname@example.org
Contacts for EPS implementation and business change meeting dates:
- Bolton CCG update: email@example.com
- Bury CCG: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale CCG: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Manchester CCG: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oldham CCG: email@example.com
- Salford CCG: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stockport CCG: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tameside and Glossop: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trafford CCG: email@example.com (John Buttle)
- Wigan CCG: firstname.lastname@example.org (John Buttle)
EPS tracker guide
This EPS tracker guide is a really useful resource.
Getting a smartcard
Contact the Registration Authority with any queries or requests for smartcards:
Roy Blair, Registration Authority Area Manager for Greater Manchester – email@example.com and 07887 210625
Community Pharmacy Smartcard roll-out in support of EPS R2 and Business Continuity Plans for out-of-hours smartcard unlocking. – Out-of-hours smartcard unlocking
EPS/Common dispensing error webinars for CPD
The following business webinars can be viewed on the NPA website:
EPS – 47 mins:
Common dispensing errors – 57 mins:
Both these webinars are available for Contractors to view and do not require a User ID.
Both webinars count towards CPD.