Training and Events
GMLPC and GM Healthcare Academy events
GM Healthcare Academy
We have created GM Healthcare Academy in partnership with other organisations as the key vehicle for coordinating and delivering training, support and workforce development for community pharmacies in Greater Manchester. The Academy is a partnership between the NHS, community pharmacy, and key education and training providers. The majority of our training and education events are now run under the GM Healthcare Academy. Please ensure you read our cancellation policy when booking onto events.
General training in Greater Manchester 2018/19:
Greater Manchester Community Pharmacy Conference & GMLPC AGM 2018
You can now download a copy of the AGM presentation, Simon Dukes presentation, Contract compliance and contractors, GM Healthcare Academy launch slides from our Greater Manchester Community Pharmacy Conference & AGM, which took place on Sunday 23rd September 2018.
The day included presentations on:
- Consultation skills with children / childhood illnesses
- Dermatology Acne / Rosacea
- Sexual health & EHC
- Simplifying your NMS Process
- Eye Health
- Revalidation & opportunity to get your peer discussion
Simplifying your NMS Process
View key slides from this event, which supported pharmacies to deliver the New Medicine Service (NMS).
Greater Manchester Community Pharmacy Conference & GMLPC AGM 2017
The main slide pack includes presentations on:
- Greater Manchester LPC AGM – Aneet Kapoor, Chair, GMLPC, and Adam Irvine, Chief Executive, GMLPC
- Pharmacy’s Contribution to Greater Manchester – Jane Brown, Chair, Greater Manchester Pharmacy Local Professional Network
- Mary Seacole Programme for Community Pharmacy (and how to apply) – Samantha White, CPPE
- Greater Manchester Vision for Community Pharmacy – Adam Irvine, Chief Executive, GMLPC
- Pharmacy Funding & Quality Payments: What’s Next? – Fin Mc Caul, North West Regional Representative, PSNC (Includes guidance on current supply issues and guidance on November’s Quality Payments)
- There is a separate slide deck on Inhaler Technique Checks – Peter Marks and Dipesh Raghwani, GMLPC
Our webinars are open to all unless otherwise specified. If you miss one, then you can listen to a recording afterwards – just click the relevant link, register your details and you’ll be able to access them. If you have questions about a previous webinar, email them to email@example.com.
- Promoting Physical Activity (recorded 23rd July 2018). This webinar with guest speakers Dr William Bird MBE, who pioneered health walks and is an expert in the health benefits of physical activity, and Hayley Lever from GM Moving, supports pharmacies to deliver the mandatory health campaign. Expert insight into the health benefits of activity, the risks of inactivity, starting conversations with patients, signposting people to support in your local area and more. Download the slide pack.
- Quality Payments Made Simple (recorded 6th June 2018). Find out how to make sure you achieve your maximum potential points on the 29th June 2018 review date. This webinar explains what’s changed since last year, common mistakes, and how to plan your work so you get it all done in time. Download the slide pack.
- All you need to know about NUMSAS (recorded 12th December 2017). This webinar explains how to register for, provide and claim payment for the NHS Urgent Medicine Supply Advanced Service pilot, which has now been extended to the end of September 2018. Download the slide pack and top tips. [Note: The NUMSAS claims process changed after this webinar was recorded. The current information is in the Claiming Payment section of this page.]
- Achieving & Succeeding at HLP Level 1 (recorded 26th September 2017). This webinar guides you through the process of achieving HLP Level 1 and registering for the associated Quality Payments. It also sets out how to deliver HLP successfully in your pharmacy to benefit patients, customers and local communities. The presenters are Fin Mc Caul (GMLPC and PSNC), Louise Gatley (Bolton LPC) and Dipesh Raghwani (GMLPC). (As well as watching the webinar via the link above, you can also download the slide pack here.)
- Safer, Smarter Community Pharmacy (recorded 15th May 2017). Fantastic advice, case studies and tips on creating a strong patient safety culture, sharing and learning from incidents, preventing errors and preparing annual patient safety reports from Quality Payments from presenters Janice Perkins (Well and PSNC), Dr Penny Lewis and Dr Denham Phipps (University of Manchester and Greater Manchester Community Pharmacy Patient Safety Collaborative), and GMLPC’s Fin Mc Caul and Sarah Wood.
- The Ultimate Guide to Quality Payments (recorded 27th Mar 2017). GMLPC’s Fin Mc Caul (Contractor Engagement Lead) and Sarah Wood (Quality Support Lead) take you through the process with top tips on practical ways of making Quality Payments part of everyday life in the pharmacy.