Training and Events
Oral health: Training for mandatory health promotion campaign
NHS England, Greater Manchester LPC and Bolton LPC are holding 3 events to support all Community Pharmacies to improve Oral Health across all Greater Manchester.
Dates scheduled for the Oral Health Training are:
Registration & Light Buffet will be available from 18:15 at all events.
17th April 2018; 7:00pm – 9:00pm, Bolton Arena, Book via this link Bolton Event
18th April 2018; 7:00pm – 9:00pm, Hyde Town Hall, Book via this link Tameside Event
25th April 2018; 7:00pm – 9:00pm, Bredbury Hall, Book via this link Stockport Event
The session will cover the following:
• Hear up-to-date information about Oral Health
• Learn how this fits into your work, and simple ways you can make a difference
• Finish the session by making a short plan to use your learning and effectively use your materials during National Smile Week (14 May – 14 June 2018)
Each pharmacy will also be able to collect a full Oral Health promotion pack at the session to help support the promotion of the health campaign.
Coping with time pressures
Life in many community pharmacies is busier than ever, which can mean increased pressure. We’ve joined with Pharmacist Support to arrange free training to help Greater Manchester community pharmacists, pre-reg trainees and MPharm students.
The session will cover effective techniques for dealing with workload and time pressures, recognising stress and the effect it can have on you, and ways you can boost your wellbeing and resilience. The event will also include a section on change, and a brief refresher on dementia awareness. We have arranged the sessions in partnership with Bolton LPC and Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership.
There are four opportunities to attend and you can view the agenda and book your place via the links below:
- 2nd May 2018; The Hough End Centre, Manchester: Book here.
- 8th May 2018; Holiday Inn Express, Leigh: Book here.
- 10th May 2018; Alma Lodge Hotel, Stockport: Book here.
- 16th May 2018, Honeywell Centre, Oldham: Book here.
General training in Greater Manchester 2018/19:
- Mary Seacole Programme – NHS leadership for Community Pharmacy
- CPPE training: April to September 2018
Mary Seacole Programme for Community Pharmacy
The Mary Seacole Programme is a six-month national NHS leadership programme for first-time leaders and those aspiring to become leaders, which receives excellent feedback and is seen as a real stepping stone in a career. There is now a programme specially designed for community pharmacy, delivered by CPPE with the NHS Leadership Academy. Participants complete most of the training online, supported by three face-to-face workshops over the six months. Dates for 2018 have now been published and they include a cohort in Manchester which starts in August – find out more and apply.
Greater Manchester Community Pharmacy Conference & GMLPC AGM
The main slide pack includes presentations on:
- Greater Manchester LPC AGM – Aneet Kapoor, Chair, GMLPC, and Adam Irvine, Chief Executive, GMLPC
- Pharmacy’s Contribution to Greater Manchester – Jane Brown, Chair, Greater Manchester Pharmacy Local Professional Network
- Mary Seacole Programme for Community Pharmacy (and how to apply) – Samantha White, CPPE
- Greater Manchester Vision for Community Pharmacy – Adam Irvine, Chief Executive, GMLPC
- Pharmacy Funding & Quality Payments: What’s Next? – Fin Mc Caul, North West Regional Representative, PSNC (Includes guidance on current supply issues and guidance on November’s Quality Payments)
- There is a separate slide deck on Inhaler Technique Checks – Peter Marks and Dipesh Raghwani, GMLPC
Greater Manchester LPC webinars:
Our webinars are open to all unless otherwise specified. If you miss one, then you can listen to a recording afterwards – just click the relevant link, register your details and you’ll be able to access them. If you have questions about a previous webinar, email them to email@example.com.
- All you need to know about NUMSAS (recorded 12th December 2017). This webinar explains how to register for, provide and claim payment for the NHS Urgent Medicine Supply Advanced Service pilot, which has now been extended to the end of September 2018. Download the slide pack and top tips. [Note: The NUMSAS claims process changed after this webinar was recorded. The current information is in the Claiming Payment section of this page.]
- Achieving & Succeeding at HLP Level 1 (recorded 26th September 2017). This webinar guides you through the process of achieving HLP Level 1 and registering for the associated Quality Payments. It also sets out how to deliver HLP successfully in your pharmacy to benefit patients, customers and local communities. The presenters are Fin Mc Caul (GMLPC and PSNC), Louise Gatley (Bolton LPC) and Dipesh Raghwani (GMLPC). (As well as watching the webinar via the link above, you can also download the slide pack here.)
- Safer, Smarter Community Pharmacy (recorded 15th May 2017). Fantastic advice, case studies and tips on creating a strong patient safety culture, sharing and learning from incidents, preventing errors and preparing annual patient safety reports from Quality Payments from presenters Janice Perkins (Well and PSNC), Dr Penny Lewis and Dr Denham Phipps (University of Manchester and Greater Manchester Community Pharmacy Patient Safety Collaborative), and GMLPC’s Fin Mc Caul and Sarah Wood.
- The Ultimate Guide to Quality Payments (recorded 27th Mar 2017). GMLPC’s Fin Mc Caul (Contractor Engagement Lead) and Sarah Wood (Quality Support Lead) take you through the process with top tips on practical ways of making Quality Payments part of everyday life in the pharmacy.