Inhaler Technique Guidance for Contractors
In 2020 we face a new and unexpected challenge with the COVID-19 Coronavirus outbreak. We understand that during this time you may also be adapting your work practice and could be consulting with patients remotely.
To support your consultations, Trudell Medical UK Limited, in partnership with a number of the UK’s leading respiratory Consultant Nurses, Pharmacists and Physicians have developed guidance documents and resources to facilitate instruction of correct inhaler technique.
A presentation has been created that can be used on-screen during remote consultation with patients to explain correct technique.
The presentation covers the following:
- Single Breath Inhalation Using Spacer with Mouthpiece
- Single Breath Inhalation Using Spacer with Mask
- Continuous (Tidal) Breathing for Children Using Spacer with Mask
- Continuous (Tidal) Breathing for Adults Using a Spacer with Mask
In addition, for each of the techniques described above a simple one-page document has been produced. This can be easily printed off, or emailed to patients.
Please find links to the 4 one-page guides below:
- Inhaler Technique Poster For Patients Adult Continuous Tidal Breathing with Mask
- Inhaler Technique Poster for Patients Adult or Child Single Breath with Mouthpiece
- Inhaler Technique Poster For Patients Adult Single Breath with Mask
- Inhaler Technique Poster For Patients Younger Child Continuous Tidal Breathing with Mask