Contract – Substance Misuse (Turning Point)
Turning Point are commissioned to provide Substance Misuse Services on behalf of Leicester City & Leicestershire County Public Health Teams
Action: please can you sign the services agreement is signed and return to email@example.com by 16th December if not already actioned.
The administration and management of pharmacy needle exchange and supervised consumption transferred from Swanswell and LPT to Turning Point in July 2016 for both Leicester and Leicestershire. Monitoring and payments moved to Neo and Turning Point have been in the process of developing new contracts in consultation with the LPC to make service provision, payment rates and level of pharmacy needle exchange consistent and appropriate.
Turning Point has completed a national benchmarking exercise across its services and consulted with the LPC to agree new relevant payment rates:
- To minimise impact on pharmacies, Turning Point agreed for supervised consumption rates to remain at the same rate.
- The needle exchange rate will be changed to £1.75 per pack transaction with an additional 10p returns incentive per transaction – this rate is higher than Turning Point’s national average.
New contracts will be issued and in effect from November 2016. The new contracts intend to:
- Agree a single payment structure across all pharmacies in L&L
- Encourage improved practice and improved return rates to address the needle litter issues in L&L communities
- Ensure pharmacies participate in appropriate training and receive specialist support in order they can provide high quality services that improve access to harm reduction interventions and treatment
- Ensure a robust contract sign up process including effective performance monitoring and quality assurance processes that rationalises the delivery of pharmacy needle exchange across L&L to ensure high quality provision in accordance with NICE Public Health Guidance 52
- tp_sm-leicester-stakeholder-dl-rgb (Turning Point newsletter with details of contact numbers)
A number of queries were received in relation to the switch to Physeptone which has had significant impact. As a result of budgetary constraints the decision was taken by Turning Point to make this change.
The LPC have requested an FAQ document which addresses concerns from contractors to understand the changes. Please read the following attachment below for details:
If you have any queries in relation to the new contracts, please contact:
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Improvement & Development Manager – SE & London)