The first tier of NHS contractual services (CPCF) are the Essential Services. These services must all be provided by all community pharmacies that provide NHS pharmaceutical services.
The services are:
- Dispensing medicines
- Dispensing appliances
- Repeat dispensing
- Clinical governance
- Promotion of healthy lifestyles
- Disposal of unwanted medicines
- Support for self-care
- Home delivery of medicines and appliances during the COVID-19 outbreak … during emergency pandemic only, initially defined as 9th April 2020 to 1st July 2020 (see link below for details)
- Discharge Medicines Service (DMS)
- Discharge Medicines Service … commissioned from 15th February 2021
The funding arrangements for these services are detailed in the monthly Drug Tariff.
The CPCF places specific obligations on the contractor and is important that those providing services are familiar with each of these.
For further detail please refer to the Pharmaceutical Services Negotiating Committee (PSNC) web site: