Healthy Living Pharmacy Initiative – LLR
Healthy Living Champion, Leadership Training for Pharmacists – LLR LPC
To achieve the quality payments; you will be required to achieve HLP accreditation, which consists of key elements in terms of training & requirements:
- One pharmacist to attend HLP Leadership training per pharmacy
- One member of staff to complete HLP champion training which is Royal Society of Public Health level 2 accredited training with the completion of an exam (approx. 8 hours of training)
- Achievement of the HLP assessment criteria in your practice with collection of evidence to demonstrate achievement – the supporting documentation and guidance will be communicated to you in early 2017.
- The Pharmoutcomes platform is now live to support achievement of the HLP level 1 criteria
The LPC have now booked training dates for HLP leadership training for pharmacists across LLR
We will be communicating information regarding the documentation, HLP champion training information and PharmOutcomes information in due course
This event is open to ONE pharmacist per pharmacy and is open to all pharmacies in LLR.
Please ensure the Pharmacist attending is the regular pharmacist on-site at your branch to enable to you to achieve the HLP accreditation and deliver the requirements.
- Sunday 15th January 2017
- Sunday 7th May
- Sunday 21st May
- Sunday 7th June
Time: 9.30-2.00PM (10am start)
Venue: Holiday Inn Express, Raw Dykes Road, Filbert Way, Leicester LE2 7FL
Please book through the following link as soon as possible.
LLR LPC is funding HLP training in order to support your achievement of this status.
- We have ONE funded place per pharmacy contractor in Leicester City, Leicestershire County and Rutland.
- Places are limited to 50 per event and will be offered on a first come first serve basis.
- Bookings will be taken through the eventbrite booking form only.
ONE further date will be communicated in due course.
It is essential you book your place ASAP & if YOU cannot attend please email:
*** please note Leadership training is for PHARMACISTS only ***
Leadership training will cover the following:
- Changes in pharmacy and the direction of travel
- What you need to know about Healthy Living Pharmacies
- The role of Healthy Living Champions
- General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) standards and NHS requirements
- Qualities seen in great leaders and how this relates to pharmacy
- Understanding the employment laws
- Change management
- The ability to build strong relationships
- How to build a great team – lead, motivate, delegate, develop self and others
- How to give feedback
- How to manage a conflict situation
- Group work, examples and action plan
Participants are presented with a certificate at the end of the session which can be counted towards continuing professional development (CPD).
The training will be supported by the NPA.
HLP Champion Training
LLR are now providing ONE funded place per Contractor to support HLP Champion accreditation.
HLP Healthy Living Champion Training update
Please note that the national guidance states that (one full time equivalent) HLP champion will need to complete the training.
If you have part time staff – you will be required to train more than 1 member of staff in your pharmacy to ensure you cover the requirement.
You may have 2 or 3 part time staff to ensure you meet the full time equivalent requirement.
The LPC can only fund ONE place per pharmacy so the remaining staff will need to be self-funded. I will make arrangements for the price to be the same as the LPC price should you wish to book further places. I will send further information in due course.
This must be completed by a member of the Pharmacy Team.
Registration link !
HLP Champion Training RSPH guidance:
At least one member of pharmacy staff (1 Full Time Equivalent) has completed the training and assessment of the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH) Level 2 Award in Understanding Health Improvement and is therefore a Health Champion.
This will be supported by Pharmacy Complete
On booking the elected member of your team will receive a training pack and mock exam which will take approximately 8 hours to complete
Health Education Funding are supporting us – it is expected that you will complete this training in 8 weeks and complete an exam which you will undertake under the supervision of your Pharmacist.
Progress to date:
On 15th January LLR LPC trained 48 HLP Leaders
7th May event is fully booked for 50 places