NHS Complaints Procedure


The LPC are receiving increasing numbers of cases regarding changes of nomination which have allegedly not been consented to by the patient in addition to other issues being raised.

In the case of a nomination, the choice of pharmacy is the patients choice and you must gain patient consent, inform them of the changes, keep a signed consent and record the date the conversation occured (on the PMR or consent form). Some incidents are being investigated and so I urge you to follow correct processes.



If you encounter such issues and the patient complains to you – the patient must be advised to raise a complaint to the NHS

Action for contractors:

Print the guidance for patients on making a complaint and keep this in your pharmacy  – making a complaints and provide this to them should such issues occur

Action for the patient:

The patient can complain or give feedback:

by post to:

    • NHS England PO Box 16738 Redditch B97 9PT

by email to:

If you are making a complaint please state: ‘For the attention of the complaints team’ in the subject line.

or by telephone:

    • 0300 311 22 33

This is the organisation that pays for the service or care you received. This will vary depending on the NHS service you are complaining about.

  • If your complaint is about primary care services such as GPs, dentists, opticians or pharmacy services, contact NHS England.
  • If your complaint is about services such as hospital care, mental health services, out of hours services and community services such as district nursing, contact your local Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
  • If your complaint is about public health organisations (those who provide services which prevent disease, promote health and prolong life), contact your local council
  • If you wish to give feedback regarding the service you received from NHS 111 or make a complaint, please contact us via email: england.contactus@nhs.net and tell us the location you called from when contacting NHS 111. This will allow us  to identify which local service took the call and provide contact details.If you need help with your complaintPOhWER advocacy can support anyone who has concerns about their NHS treatment and care. This is a free, independent and confidential advocacy service, which is commissioned by Leicester City, Leicestershire County & Rutland Local Authorities. Information can be found on the following website and attached document (below):