Signposting: Lifestyle / Exercise Referral Hub (Rutland Public Health)
Rutland Public Health have commissioned a lifestyle referral hub.
The scheme has been set up to try and reduce costs on the NHS due to sedentary behaviours.
the scheme has been set up to try and get none active people active through offering support and discounted sessions to overcome barriers.
Sessions are £3 for anything they do across the scheme.
I have attached an exercise referral leaflet which tries to talk more about what we aim to do as a scheme.
We offer 4 different sites Catmose Sports Centre in Oakham, Uppingham Sports Centre in Uppingham, Active Rutland Hub in Ashwell and inspire2tri in Manton. Also attached are some leaflets on the sessions which I will try and explain below.
- A4 Exercise Referral Poster
- exercise referral form
- Exercise Referral Leaflet
- Falls Leaflet – New Photos V6
- Active Rehab CATMOSE
- Walking Football
I have also attached a timetable so you can see when sessions are on. This is only a rough copy but there will be a better one designed soon.
Sessions we have:
- Active Rehab – to rehabilitate or to stay gently mobile and active in a fun, non-threatening & supportive environment led by a physio or level 4 exercise referral instructor – inspire2tri
- Circuits – circuits class in a gym led by a GP referral instructor more for the more able clients as a stepping stone into the gym. – Catmose Sports Centre
- FaME (Beg) – A progressive seated or standing exercise class tailored to individual needs and preferences, with an opportunity to socialise afterwards. Attached is a new leaflet which I will get to you as it has real people taking part in the activities – active Rutland Hub and inspire2tri
- FaME (Adv.) – A progressive circuits exercise class tailored to individual needs and preferences, with an opportunity to socialise afterwards can only attend after completing beginner FaME. Active Rutland Hub and inspire2tri
- Gym Fit clinic – a session where there is always someone who can help if you aren’t feeling that confident to come and join this session – Catmose Sports Centre
- Health and Wellbeing (Gym) – a non-threatening and supportive environment where the gym is only open to people who are on the exercise referral scheme. – Uppingham Sports Centre
- Health and Wellbeing (Swim) – a non-threatening and supportive environment where the pool is only open to people who are on the exercise referral scheme plus 50+. – Catmose Sports Centre
- Heart Smart – A class designed to help recover after heart surgery in a safe environment around people who have had a similar condition – Catmose Sports Centre and inspire2tri. This a very quiet session which anyone who has a heart condition or has high blood pressure and is suitable to do exercise can attend. Led by a level 4 cardiac rehab instructor
- Physio led pilates – Designed to help lower back pain and improve posture pilates.
- Walking football – slower paced football.
All clients will have a meeting with me first to discuss where and what they would like to do. I will advise which I think is best for them and ensure they are right for the session in which they would like to come to.
We have started with Oakham Medical Practice and would be useful if we could do with you guys too self-referral. I can take exercise referral forms to the reception of people who are interested in coming to the sessions an exercise referral form and they will get a doctor to sign it without the patient having to book an appointment to see them. To try and cut down the amount of appointments they get.
If you have any questions or feel there is something missing please let me know and will see what I can do.
The referral pathway is:
- Referral is received by me
- We send a letter to person who is referred about the scheme and a contact number if they would like to start.
- First appointment is a sit down with me to discuss what we can do to help and how we can help. We have a Boditrax machine which measures their body fat, muscle mass, water percentage, BMI, metabolic age and viscose fat.
- They will be inducted into the centre and will see an instructor every 6 weeks to measure progress via Boditrax and programme updates.
Active Rutland Health
Exercise Referral Coordinator