In line with national guidance, NHS England & NHS Improvement are mobilising testing for health and social care staff.
This page provides details of all testing sites available for community pharmacy teams across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
Below, we have produced location-based information published including the documents that we have uploaded regarding the staff testing of key workers.
It has been confirmed that community pharmacy staff are classified as ‘key workers’ and so can access testing if they meet the criteria stated.
Documents and Information on testing
- COVID-19: Testing – Self-Referral Portal User Guide.pdf
- COVID-19: Essential worker testing – Information Pack for Employers.pdf
- FAQs for ESSENTIAL EMPLOYEES.pdf
- FAQs for EMPLOYERS of essential workers.pdf
- COVID-19: Testing – Guidance (30th April 2020).pdf – also shown below:
Guidance on testing (30th April 2020)
Including who is eligible for a test, how to get tested and the different types of test available is available on the following Government website page:
Who can be tested
The priority is testing patients to inform their clinical diagnosis.
Also eligible for testing:
- all essential workers including NHS and social care workers with symptoms (see the full list of essential workers)
- anyone over 65 with symptoms
- anyone with symptoms whose work cannot be done from home (for example, construction workers, shop workers, emergency plumbers and delivery drivers)
- anyone who has symptoms of coronavirus and lives with any of those identified above
Additionally, eligible for testing are:
- social care workers and residents in care homes (with or without symptoms) both to investigate outbreaks and, following successful pilots, as part of a rolling programme to test all care homes
- NHS workers* and patients without symptoms, in line with NHS England guidance
This means anyone in one of these groups can find out whether they have the virus. Testing is most effective within 3 days of symptoms developing.
Please note that these lists apply to England only
* NHS workers (Frontline workers) including community pharmacy staff in England, can access free testing for COVID-19, via the Department of Health and Social Care’s (DHSC) national testing service. Testing will allow those currently unable to return to work because they or a member of their family or household have symptoms of coronavirus to know whether they do have the virus.
A new portal for booking COVID-19 tests for key workers, including community pharmacy team members, is now available for use by team members and employers:
Arrange a test
You can select a regional test site drive-through appointment or home test kit.
Home test kit availability will initially be limited but more will become available.
Go to the Government website for full details:
or if eligible (with or without symptoms)
This page will be regularly updated…