Healthy Living Pharmacy: Holding an awareness event/campaign on diabetes
Published on: 27th February 2019 | Updated on: 1st June 2022
This page contains links to resources and information which pharmacy teams may wish to consider using when planning a health promotion event/campaign focussing on diabetes.
This page is ‘work in progress’ and will continue to be updated.
Click on a heading below for more information.
The below tool can be used to gather information to establish the level of patients with diabetes in the local area:
- Public Health England – Diabetes Profile: This profile brings together a wide range of local, regional and national information related to both type 1 and type 2 diabetes and makes it accessible in one place.
- Communicating with patients page on the PSNC website
- Healthy Living Pharmacies page on the PSNC website
|Diabetes Prevention Week||10-16th May 2021|
|World Oral Health Day||7th April 2021|
|Diabetes Week||14-20th June 2021|
|Booklets & leaflets|
|Putting feet first|
|Posters & leaflets|
|Public Health England|
|Toolkit – includes balloons, stickers, and bunting|
- Diabetes UK – Facts and figures
- Diabetes.co.uk – Diabetes prevalence
- Public Health England – Health matters: Preventing Type 2 diabetes
- BMJ Learning – Motivational interviewing in brief consultations
- e-Learning for Healthcare – Population Wellbeing Portal
- e-Learning for Healthcare – Safe Use of Insulin
- e-Learning for Healthcare – Making Every Contact Count e-learning
- P3 – Public health awareness campaigns with impact (requires log-in)
- Consider linking diabetes prevention campaigns to physical activity or health eating campaigns, as the topics are linked
- Avoid displaying sweet treats such as cakes and biscuits, as they may conflict the main messages of the campaign
- e-Learning for Healthcare – All Our Health programme
- Facebook – Making Every Contact Count (MECC) Community
- Health Education England – Making Every Contact Count
- The NHS Website – Diabetes
For more information on this topic please email email@example.com