Healthy Living Pharmacy: Holding an awareness event/campaign on flu
Published on: 31st July 2017 | Updated on: 1st June 2022
This page contains links to resources and information which pharmacy teams may wish to consider using when planning a health promotion event/campaign focussing on flu.
This page is ‘work in progress’ and will continue to be updated.
Click on a heading below for more information.
PSNC is unaware of any published tools which provide information on local data relating to flu.
- Communicating with patients page on the PSNC website
Flu Vaccination – promoting the service to patients page on the PSNC website (resources for promoting the community pharmacy Flu Vaccination Service)
Identifying carers eligible for a flu vaccination page on the PSNC website (resources for promoting the community pharmacy Flu Vaccination Service)
- Healthy Living Pharmacies page on the PSNC website
|Stay Well This Winter||Winter period|
Links to resources from other organisations can be found on the Flu Vaccination – promoting the service to patients page on the PSNC website.
- Flu Vaccination – Statistics page on the PSNC website
- Public Health England – Weekly national flu reports
- Public Health England – Keeping our focus on flu
- Public Health England – Seasonal flu vaccine uptake in GP patients in England: winter season 2016 to 2017
Report on the uptake of influenza vaccine amongst eligible GP patient groups during the 2016 to 2017 influenza vaccination programme in England. This season the number of patients vaccinated in a school, pharmacy and other healthcare setting was also recorded.
- BMJ Learning – Motivational interviewing in brief consultations
- e-Learning for Healthcare – Flu Immunisation
- e-Learning for Healthcare – Population Wellbeing Portal
- e-Learning for Healthcare – Making Every Contact Count e-learning
- P3 – Public health awareness campaigns with impact (requires log-in)
- PSNC website – Flu Vaccination – training requirements and resources (for the community pharmacy Flu Vaccination Service)
- The Centre for Pharmacy Postgraduate Education has a number of programmes available on influenza
- NHS Employers has published flu fighter planning guide which provides some information on building a strategy and implementing an action plan; although this is aimed at NHS trusts, some aspects of it may be useful to community pharmacy teams
- NHS Employers has also published a guide on evaluating your flu campaign; although this is aimed at NHS trusts, some aspects of it may be useful to community pharmacy teams
- Take a look at the PSNC resources for pharmacy teams page which contains resources to assist contractors to assist contractors with promoting the service
- Use social media to promote your service; NHS Employers has published a social media toolkit with lots of useful tips
- The topic of flu is closely linked to use of antibiotics; have a look at the antibiotic resistance campaign page and consider using the Antibiotic Guardian resources to highlight that cold and flu symptoms can be treated at home without antibiotics
- e-Learning for Healthcare – All Our Health programme
- Antibiotic Guardian – Public resources
- Facebook – Making Every Contact Count (MECC) Community
- Health Education England – Making Every Contact Count
For more information on this topic please email firstname.lastname@example.org