Public Health Campaigns
Pharmacies are required to take part in 6 Public Health Campaigns each year, it is a contractual requirement to take part in these campaigns as well as useful way to promote your services and expertise in Health and Well-being. Please look out for your materials and ensure they are displayed for the campaign period.
|1) mid-February to mid-March 2019||Help Us Help You Pharmacy campaign (formerly Stay Well Pharmacy)|
|2) mid-May to mid-June 2019||Children’s oral health/Smile Month (in line with the training currently being incentivised by the Quality Payments Scheme)|
|3) September 2019||Antimicrobial resistance|
|4) October 2019||Stoptober|
|5) November/December 2019||Help Us Help You main Winter campaign (formerly Stay Well this Winter)|
|6) January 2020||Alcohol|
What to do
- Look out for the campaign materials, and display them promptly
- Brief staff on the key messages of the campaign
- Think about any appropriate props you may be able to use to highlight the messages, for example plastic fruit could liven up a display about healthy diet
- Order extra resources – you will only receive a small amount of leaflets and display materials to reduce waste so please plan ahead and order supporting materials ahead of time. Extra resources can be ordered from The Public Health Campaign Resource Centre
- Take a picture of your display as evidence of compliance
- Keep a record in a sensible place of conversations, feedback and anything else you feel may be useful in demonstrating how you engage with patients
- Record any services delivered or referrals made which were linked to the campaign.
- If requested: Feedback your results
Here are some example of materials being displayed in Lincoln Co-Operative, Hunstanton, Fakenham Pharmacy, Willows Pharmacy, Downham Market & Total Health Pharmacy Watton.
October 2018 – Help Us, Help You has been chosen as the contractual winter campaign, Pharmacies should be receiving their campaign packs in Mid October and are asked to display these, and record engament for 21 consecutive days.
A full campaign schedual for 2018/19 has not been set. Contractors are encouraged to take part in national campaigns and document their involvement.
The only agreed contractual campaign for 2017/18 was the Stay Well Pharmacy Campaign in March 2018. We reccommend that contractors keep records of any materials they display or health messages promoted as part of their usual activity and for the benefit of demonstrating evidence for Healthy Living Pharmacy accreditation.
|CAMPAIGN PERIOD||TOPIC||DISTRIBUTION by|
|March / April||
Early years: Accidents, minor ailments, contact and communication, immunisation
Partners: children’s services
|May / June||
Older people: Dementia, exercise, falls
Partners: adult social services
|July / August||
Healthy living: Get Into Summer, active/sustainable travel, diet, exercise
Partners: district councils
|September / October||
Smoking: Stoptober, e-cigs, tobacco control
Partners: trading standards
|November / December||
Winter health: National Winter Campaign, Flu, Warm and Well
Partners: NHS England, adult social services
|January / February||
New year resolutions : Alcohol, health checks