In Milton Keynes the company called Stericycle https://www.stericycle.co.uk (previously known as SRCL) are responsible for uplifting your medicines waste. The contract is arranged with NHSE and is 4 weekly (13 times a year). Unfortunately SRCL cannot be specific about their collection day but may phone you when they are e.g. an hour away as a courtesy. For some reason there are exceptions and the pharmacies listed below have their waste collected by PHS.
New contact for Clinical Waste in all Community Pharmacies in Northamptonshire
As from the 1st September 2021 Anenta will handle all clinical waste queries for NHS England and NHS Improvement Midlands Region (excluding Covid waste) from all Community Pharmacies (and GP sites).
Please replace the contact details that you currently have for any Clinical Waste queries with the details below, for use from the 1stSeptember 2021
|Telephone:||03301 222 143|
|firstname.lastname@example.org or open a service ticket within your online account at www.vector.anenta.com|
What are the benefits of Anenta handling clinical waste queries?
- Anenta will be a single point of contact for clinical waste issues for Community Pharmacies, GP practices, NHS England Commissioning teams and the Clinical Waste suppliers
- Anenta will manage all contract related matters, operational and financial validations issues while working with all waste producers and contractors to improve compliance and efficiency levels.
- Anenta will manage all queries with regards to clinical waste collection from Community Pharmacies and GP practice
What won’t Anteta be responsible for?
- Anenta will not be responsible for collecting the waste from Community Pharmacy and GP sites as this will remain the function of your existing provider
- Anenta will not be the contact point for any Covid waste queries. Please continue to use your separate provider for your local arrangements.
What actions do I need to take?
Anenta operate an online system called “Vector” that will allow you to interact with them to make service requests, advise of deficiencies in the service, or to simply seek advice in a fully auditable manner. The system will also hold compliance documentation on your behalf and any other relevant communication, service level requirements and FAQ’s to assist you.
From the 1st September 2021 you must register your Community Pharmacy on the Anenta System by clicking here
What happens once I have registered with Vector?
Once complete you will: –
- receive an immediate confirmation of completion to the email addressed entered in the form.
- receive a subsequent email that will follow advising you that your online account with Anenta is available to access.
- be required to set a password when creating your account, however once registered, future access will no longer require a password.
- receive a further communication from Anenta to advise on any further steps and with details of service within the first 30 days of the account being registered